Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Ext monitor option to show current song played info and future songs cued in automix

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I cannot figure out a way to accomplish this in VDJ8. As a dance
competition DJ, it would be very useful to have an option for an
external monitor to display various information about the current song
being played and the next songs cued up to be played. Professional
dancers like to know what song is currently playing and what songs are
coming up next so they can choose their partners in advance.

Information like name, artist genre, bpm, notes, etc. would be very
useful. Maybe include a display of a "notes" field or something
similar which can be modified in "real time" by the DJ without
interrupting the current song being played.

Posté Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 8:37 pm
There is a "Titler" plugin that will show what you're playing currently (Like the music video channels do on t'telly, but its quite limited in it only shows Artist and Title.

I had an idea some time ago where if you could get VDJ skin to span 2 monitors, i could make use of all the browser fields to show more info on what's playing. As for what's coming up next, maybe there's a way to show next deck but i've not tried this yet.

Posté Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 8:54 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Why would you want to expand the skin?

Just use your OS clone display option.
That will clone the entire VDJ skin to an external monitor and everybody will see what you are seeing.

Posté Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 10:27 am
marksmolinski, PachN

You are at least thinking about the issue and how to resolve it. I had an idea to sort of
accomplish what I am looking for but it is very cumbersome.

1) Save the playlist every so often
2) Manipulate the m3u playlist file with a program like Excel to extract the information
3) Display the info on an ext monitor

Unfortunately this requires a lot of time and effort which would be difficult in a live situation.
Every time a song was added or deleted from the playlist, this process would need to be repeated.
That is why I was hoping that Atomix might see the benefit in automating this process for its users.

I think many DJ's would benefit and find use for this type of external monitor messaging.

Posté Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 11:04 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's looking like you would need something along the lines of a karaoke type software, ahhh.... that light has just come on, sometime back one of the guys was making a jukebox skin, sorry can't think of the name just now but you could put a search in the skin forum and see if that brings up the results you are looking for.

Posté Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 2:19 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok, just did a quick search for you, there are two jukebox type skins, one by djdad and the other by djjb, you'll need to download them or at least take a look at the info and see if they come up to your requirements.

Good luck.

Posté Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 2:25 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posté Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 6:16 am
First of all, I would like to say THANKS (and yes, I am yelling)
to all of the suggestions in this forum to help me with this project.
-----
tayla - The jukebox skin suggestion is something I have already
looked at but I couldn't find any other jukebox skins that would do
the trick. I already use a skin (Browser Zoom) and I don't want to
lose the Browser Zoom functionality with another skin.
--
PachN -
I downloaded your History tool and quickly tried it out. I read
your info page. It looks very promising once I figure out the
details on how to get my layout displayed properly. Thanks

Posté Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 2:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
marksmolinski wrote :
I had an idea some time ago where if you could get VDJ skin to span 2 monitors, i could make use of all the browser fields to show more info on what's playing. As for what's coming up next, maybe there's a way to show next deck but i've not tried this yet.

You can make a skin with multiple windows, so you could have a skin with a second window that you can drag to a second monitor to show whatever you want.
You could also wrap a skinned window in a plugin, so that when you open the configuration of that plugin you get a skinned window that can be used together with any other skin.
And finally a video plugin can access anything a skin could, so it would be possible for someone to create a more advanced version of the Titler plugin as well.

Posté Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 1:25 am
Following this thread...
I'm also looking for a way to customize the Title Plug In as well as display the "Up Next" data. I'd like selectable fields, personally. Maybe display the "Comment" field as my dancers would like to know the rhythm coming up next.

Posté Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 4:17 pm
I am also a DJ related to dancers like the DJ that started the thread. I am also a dance instructor with big dances on the weekend and the dancers want to know what's coming so they can find different partners for each song.

If VDJ creates a way for us to display the Automix Area on a second or external monitor I would love it.

It would allow us to choose the fields we use and want displayed. Then changes are instantly updated live.

If there is a way already I'd love to hear how. I haven't found it yet.

Posté Fri 09 Mar 18 @ 6:00 am
MMWM81Home userMember since 2016
Hello all,

As a dance event DJ myself, I'm interested in this as well. Has anyone gotten this thing working? I tried to look at the History -addon -link, but sadly it didn't work. :(

Posté Thu 07 Jun 18 @ 9:39 pm
You hold dance events in your home?

Posté Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 4:35 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)