Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Going from vdjle (hercules 4mx) to vdj 8!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

HI everyone, apologies if this has been covered before. First of all, I used to dj a while back using vdj7 at a club I was working at. I then got out of djing and now have recently started it up again, using the controller I used back in the day (herc 4mx) and the le software it got bundled with. im now looking at upgrading software either to plus or infinity, but the main issue is cost, is the plus a big improvement on the le software im using or do I need to go the whole hog and get infinity (even if its on pay monthly).
When I was using vdj7 pro the only noticeable difference from le was the playlist facility, have times moved on?? Thanks in advance

Posté Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 3:42 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I like the 4mx, I have one, by the way your liable to end up with a big collection of controllers.
They may still give you a 4mx discount when you upgrade to Pro.
Find out!
If you want to DJ properly you have to make the one big payment.
You could first try monthly to find out if you like VDJ8.
This not only gives you access to VDJ8, but to samples, skins, effects and support.
It's worth it.

Do not expect things to happen easily, or overnight.
For instance I use a Traktor F1 to control my VDJ8 sampler, and master output effects, as opposed to normal deck effects. This needed some mapping. However the result is awesome.
Note that an F1 just supplements a MC6000, or in your case the 4mx.
VDJ8 just keeps on impressing.

I'm almost the local hoodlum here, I keep arguing with people, I'm no salesman.
I do believe in telling the truth.
However I may not always be right.

Posté Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 6:12 pm
This is my take. One thing that I've learned in my long DJ career is, "buy what you want, not what you can afford". Why? Because you are going to buy what you want sooner or later, so get it now. You might say $300.00 is a lot of money, no it's not. You should make a min of $100.00 an hour in a club, only bringing your computer and controller (that's what I've heard other DJs say they make, I never discuss money on a public forum, you know what I'm saying?). So, you have paid for the software in one gig. Maybe you don't make that much, stop eating. If you have kids, stop feeding them so much, and you could afford the software to make more money, so you can feed them. Seriously, spend the money now, instead of spending it later.

Posté Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 10:02 pm
Thanks for your wise replies. I'm gonna try out the monthly subscription.test it out and see how it is. Should hopefully give me a refreshed use of my hercules. Thanks for your help

Posté Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 4:51 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)