Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Midi/Beat pads can you map them to the sampler in VDJ8

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok SO I was wondering about Midi/Beat pads. I see all the How to's, but none of the "If I Can". So I was wondering, can you use a beat pad (im thinking of Akai MPD26) and use it mapped to the sampler portion of VDJ8? If a beat pad can be mapped to the sampler pad of VDJ8, what are the best ones to use with VDJ8?

I have my Kicks and whooshes and hihats already loaded in VDJ8 sampler area, but tired of using the computer with my controller (Numark NS7fx) as the computer sits way back behind the case and I have to lean over so much.

Thanks in advance for any opinions!

Posté Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 12:05 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm using a Traktor F1 (sampler), and an Akai Lpd8 (effects) at the moment.
I don't like multiple function buttons, and knobs much, apart from when they are monitored on the display of a cdj.
For instance "wheel mode jog" and "wheel mode browser" is displayed on my cdj's for obvious reasons.

The favourite sampler controller is the Akai APC Mini. ***** ! £55 on ebay.
Another contender is the Reloop Neon.

Posté Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 12:49 am

Posté Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 10:24 am
AWESOME! That was the information that I was looking for! Thanks you a TON!!

Posté Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 3:01 pm
I've just been looking at this piece of kit http://www.akaipro.com/product/apc-key-25
It's cheap, and has plenty of buttons, and knobs.
The downside is it would take a lot of mapping.
It might be good for supplementing CDJ's.

This is just like an APC mini, only better.
Could we map to the keys? Four instance I have the Casio SA-10 sample pack, could the 4 tom's be mapped to the first 4 white keys?
Perhaps the shaker or hhopen ect. could be mapped to the black keys?
Whatever.

..and no, I can't play the piano, but I'd bet some of you can !

PS It's easy to map a sample to a pad.

Posté Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 10:16 pm

Posté Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 11:19 pm
Thanks for this link Ron.
I use the APC mini and have a lot of free pads left to assign. :)

Posté Tue 01 Sep 15 @ 11:36 am
quayfeeControlleristMember since 2015
Mapping pads to specific samples

Is it possible to map individual pads to specific samples within the bank? I have an APC mini on which I use the default mapping, and an Lpad8, which until now I have used for control switches, but I now have a new maun controller (Mixtrack Pro3) which makes that unnecessary. So I'm wondering if it is possible to map specific samples to the Lpad.

Basically what I would like to do is have the Lpad launch my favourite drops, or kicks, irrespective of which is the current active sample set. Meaning that I don't have to srcrol through the sets on the APC to find the kick or clap that I want.

I also use the novation Launch Control to managed my fav effects on each track. For £40 I have to say that it is the mutts nuts!

Any thoughts on the sample mapping would be great.

Thanks

Keith

Posté Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 10:27 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posté Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 5:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)