Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet FADE for the Sampler

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

how can I fade the sound from the Sampler ?

I want to Fade the sample instead of a instant cut off (stop).

Posté Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 4:03 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
If you have a spare knob or fader on maybe a sampler sub controller just assign "sampler_master_volume".

That will fade whatever samples are active.

Posté Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 4:30 pm
I want to just press a key (map script).

Thanks.

Posté Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 4:45 pm
jc265Home userMember since 2015
This is what I bought the software for. I need to fade out tracks (over 5 sec or so) from the sampler with a single button press on my launchpad. Can anyone help?

Posté Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 9:59 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
repeat_start_instant 'fadesampler' 50ms & sampler_volume_master 0% ? repeat_stop 'fadesampler' : sampler_volume_master -1%

Every 0.05 seconds, reduce the sampler master volume by 1%. Once it reaches 0%, stop the script. From 100% volume to 0%, over 5 seconds :)

Posté Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 10:50 pm
SBDJ wrote :
repeat_start_instant 'fadesampler' 50ms & sampler_volume_master 0% ? repeat_stop 'fadesampler' : sampler_volume_master -1%

Every 0.05 seconds, reduce the sampler master volume by 1%. Once it reaches 0%, stop the script. From 100% volume to 0%, over 5 seconds :)

Oh man, you got me so close to where I need to be!! Is there a way to make it stop playback after the fade out and put the volume back to 100% in preparation for the next sample to be played?

I tried adding sampler_stop & sampler_volume_master 100% to the end but it didn't work :(

Posté Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 11:08 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
started looking at the problem, i think it best you actually post what you have as your best guess, it helps narrow the down to the correct answer.

Posté Sun 20 Dec 15 @ 1:26 am
locodog wrote :
started looking at the problem, i think it best you actually post what you have as your best guess, it helps narrow the down to the correct answer.

I made a macro on my launchpad with the line that SBDJ posted. It works to fade the song out but no other samples can be played. As I don't know what I'm doing I added "sampler_stop & sampler_volume_master 100%" to the end of the line. It just stops the sample, no fade out.

I made another macro with just "sampler_stop & sampler_volume_master 100%" and that works to stop the track and put the volume back, but it creates a pop sound every time.

I would like to have one button fade the song out, stop the sample and put the sample volume back to 100%.

Posté Sun 20 Dec 15 @ 2:41 am
I still use Jingle Palette.
I'm trying to make VDJ act like that program (for the samples).

Still haven't found a reasonable solution (meaning it could be done but cumbersome). I need it to be as easy as JP.

I'll try playing with the script listed above.

Posté Sun 20 Dec 15 @ 4:03 pm
SBDJ wrote :

repeat_start_instant 'fadesamplerX' 50ms & sampler_volume_nogroup X 0% ? repeat_stop 'fadesamplerX' & sampler X stop & sampler_volume_nogroup X 100% : sampler_volume_nogroup X -1%

Where X is the number of the slot!

This will do the same as original script by SBDJ with the following additions:

1) Each sample will fade out individually
2) It will stop the sample and reset it's volume at the end

Posté Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 11:07 am
Is there a way to setup a button to fade the master volume and then stop the sample playback and reset volume to 100%.

repeat_start_instant 'fadesamplerX' 50ms & sampler_volume_nogroup X 0% ? repeat_stop 'fadesamplerX' & sampler X stop & sampler_volume_nogroup X 100% : sampler_volume_nogroup X -1%

This script will do that per sample but I would like one button to perform that action for any sample I press. I would be playing one sample at a time.

Thanks for any help!

Posté Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 7:07 pm
You got it backwards
When you say "the sample you press" - that's where you need to put the script instead of the default script that just plays the sample
Like on a pad page
But I think we've already been through this in the previous post you did about it

Posté Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 9:01 pm
Klausmogensen, Thanks again! yes the code you gave me did work but requires I make one button for fade in of a sample then one button for fade out of a sample. Here is the problem im facing, im doing introductions at a wedding, there each member of the wedding party wants to be introduced to a different song, each song has a different start position as to capture the course of the song as they are introduced, so I need like 10 to 12 different songs, if I had to make 2 buttons for each song that's a lot of buttons and on the skin these custom buttons are tiny. I like the sampler button page where they are nice and big buttons and I can expand the pallet to make it bigger, the problem is I can't assign any of the scripting to those buttons. I can drag each of the songs to a new sampler bank and set the custom start times in the sample editor, I don't need it to fade up so much as fade out. I know I could do that with the mouse and the fader bar next to each sample on the list view, or assign the playback to a deck and use that fader bar, just trying to automate this process a little so as im reading names and moving the bridal party along, I can trigger the music and fade out with just a tap and not having to work a fader on the screen or controller. Sorry for the long explanation, but maybe some contect will help figure something out:-) I do appreciate all the help you guys are awesome!

Posté Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 11:36 am
repeat_start_instant 'fadesamplerX' 50ms & sampler_volume_master 0% ? repeat_stop 'fadesamplerX' & sampler_stop all & sampler_volume_master 100% & sampler_volume all 100% : sampler_volume_master -5%

This seams to do what I need but there is a pop when it resets the sampler volume?

Posté Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 3:21 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)