Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ 8 Plus

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

GazYTPRO InfinityMember since 2012
So I am looking at buying VDJ 8 Plus for my controller, at the moment just for messing about at home. But on the comparison list there is a cross for "Can be used for "professional usage" (earning money using VirtualDJ)". What is the exact difference from the pro to plus for it to say that?

Posté Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 9:13 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Hi the differences are slight when it comes to features.

+ leaves the watermark on the video output and also is limited in it's broadcast to radio server options.

Look outside the box and + users can't get all the addons that pro users enjoy.
Looking long term, + only works with one bit of gear, a pro usually will carry a 2ndarry of some kind, also they'll change gear every 2-3 years.
c
My advice to you is if you think you'll buy a new controller after your current one bleeds out, go for pro, + is a stepping stone, if you are into it, you'll find gigs, if you're not into gig'ing but love mixing, a + licence really only lasts as long as your HW, when it (hw) dies do you really want to either; buy the same HW (where's the fun in that?) or buy new HW and a new licence?

IMO the price difference between + and full is just a touch too steep, I'd think a better discount (within a couple of years of initial purchase) would be better for all parties.

Posté Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 3:46 am
Thanks for your reply. You have some good points to buy the pro version, but you are right when you say its a big jump from + to pro.

Posté Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 12:42 pm
Do you know if you can update the sampler with your own sound effects on the VDJ plus?

Posté Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 2:44 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Yes .. that should be possible.
Please keep in Mind that with a Pro Infinity Version all further updates a free.
You get also full access to the Download Area with tons of Skins, Tools, Samplers, Effects, Plugins ect.
Of course it seems to be quite some money to buy the Pro Version, but on long term the cheaper choice full sure :-)

Posté Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 3:55 pm
Thanks RobRoy, can I have it on my Home windows PC, Windows laptop and my MacBook (used mainly to make mixtapes) plus I do not connect my MacBook to the internet, would that be on to use it on there?

Posté Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 4:21 pm
According to the Terms ( End User Licence Agreement ):

You are granted one license to:
- install the Software on as many computers as you want, but;
- run the Software on a maximum of two computers at any single time, provided that they are at the same physical location and operated by the same person.

Of course you can have also a Windows AND a Mac Installation ;-)

Posté Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 5:16 pm
Well that's fine then I can limit it to 2 computers, but do I need access to the internet for it to be valid? I do not allow my MacBook access to the internet, it is just for work only.

Posté Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 5:34 pm
at least you should be online when validating your licence. This is only required once.

Posté Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 5:35 pm
locodog wrote :

IMO the price difference between + and full is just a touch too steep, I'd think a better discount (within a couple of years of initial purchase) would be better for all parties.

yeah I agree, I Know I'll still be DJ for the next 100 years (at least) but that huge jump from a controller license ( or in my case 'subscription') to fully paid up is a climb up Everest to me and totally unnecessary, but i can't complain, VDJ8 is still by far the best DJ software and the best option for my needs so i'll just carry on 'renting the software' till I get a serious cash injection from somewhere.

Posté Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 5:51 pm
You guys have got to be kidding me. You would rather pay $20.00 a month, than to spend $299.00 and be done? Bam, top of the line software, and free upgrades for life. How is that math so complicated? I'm not a wealthy person, but I know what my priorities are. Stop eating, and stop feeding your kids 3 meals a day. You are drinking too much, and need to stay out of the strip clubs (except Taboo).

Posté Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 6:53 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
You guys have got to be kidding me. You would rather pay $20.00 a month, than to spend $299.00 and be done? Bam, top of the line software, and free upgrades for life. How is that math so complicated? I'm not a wealthy person, but I know what my priorities are. Stop eating, and stop feeding your kids 3 meals a day. You are drinking too much, and need to stay out of the strip clubs (except Taboo).

Jesting aside, I really don't have that kind of money instantly to hand to just pay for it in one hit, I won't bore anyone with details - but things for me are just 'that tight' and have been for over 2 years now, but I'm happy to pay the $20 a month than be without VDJ , I can cope with it and I'm happy with that :)

Posté Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 9:49 pm
I'm glad you got the humor part, because that was the most important thing. None of us know what each others situation is, and there is no need to explain it on a public forum. I just hope you got a smile out of it.

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)