Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet How do I auto start a second song?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have the first deck playing a song. I have another song loaded in a second deck.

When the first song is done, I would like the second deck to start playing the second song; auto start. How do I do this? I do not want any space between songs. (I've looked in the manual but can't see it anywhere.) I don't want to sync beats; just start the second deck.

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:10 pm
You did not find any info on Automix?

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:11 pm
No. It just talks about syncing beats. (Maybe I can't see the forrest for the trees.)

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:14 pm
Page 42, if you have any questions come back and we will help you. However, you may not want to read the info and that's OK. We will still help you.

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:15 pm
I'll look again. Thanks!

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:23 pm
The manual was a little fuzzy on how to open, I'll show you. Select the Sidelist tab, to the right of the record case, and you will see this panel.

Select the third icon at the bottom

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:33 pm
You can also change some settings, like using 1 or 2 decks for automix. I did not see in manual, maybe I missed also.

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:42 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I think automixDualDeck which is in the VDJ8 setup options---->automix does help.
"no" is the default, try "yes".
AMAHM is spot on.

You can set up a custom button to toggle the off/on condition.

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 10:02 pm
On page 42 it says to click on a "button" to active the automix option. (About 3/4 of the way down the page.) I don't see the "button" on the player.

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 10:22 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Bottom rhs window top menu bar for Automix, halfway up the screen, on the extreme right.
It turns green when selected.

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 10:31 pm
Look at my first image above.

Posté Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 10:46 pm
That's the auto beat mix button. I'm looking just to have the next song start, like a continuous play without beat mixing.

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 12:59 am
in options under "automix" set the option "AutomixMode" to "no mix" or "Full Songs"
and you should be good no mixing will occur (you may need to enable advanced options to see this i don't remember)

You will need to use that green button you say is auto beat mix to start it going automatically that just the on off for auto playing .... the type of transition is set in the options like i say above.

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 1:03 am
I use the automix mode as Fade (remove silence) on 4 seconds and it works pretty well. I use a 4 deck skin and will throw a few songs in automix when it's cigarette or bathroom time, when I come back I just toggle the automix "off" and continue on mixing normally. The transitions this way are pretty smooth, listen to them thru the main mix a time or two, you can tweek automix time to 2,4, or 8 seconds if memory serves me correctly, and it can handle different bpm's on the fade (remove silence) setting. Remember the automix when activated will load to the Master deck (usually the one that is playing), on the 4 deck skin, you can set the master to any of the 4 decks by clicking the M in the deck.

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 6:31 pm
I managed to get the second (next) song starting and playing fine. I've been playing with song lists for the last couple of days. After about 3 hours when I load a new song that I haven't played before I get a "streaming" message telling me I don't have enough space to compress the song. So, no more songs will play. What does this message mean? How do I fix the problem so it keeps playing?

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:13 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Make sure you have enough RAM avaliable on your system.
please keep in mind that each mp3 is being decompressed to a .wav when loading into a deck

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:15 pm
How much RAM does VDJ 8 usually take? I never had this problem with 7 before.

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:18 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 8:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)