Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet need 3 more cue points

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ss2274Home userMember since 2015
I have a Vestax vci-300 and I just love it, bit from what I'm understanding it only has 3 cue points that you can use, I could be wrong. The manual is somewhat limited. I just didn't know if there is anyway to use get use of 3 additional cues. I admit I do dig Serato's interface, I know Serato is the like the standard but I will tell ya, the features that the latest release has of vdj....Serato can't even touch it. Plain and simple vdj kicks Serato's ass. It is not even something you have to think about. The only thing I do not like is that, using vdj in the club you get so much crap from everyone for not using Serato....so.....the way I see it is, time has to pass in order for the EDM community to realize that vdj should be the standard. There has always been this competition between Serato, VDJ and Traktor. But now vdj is blowing away the rest...bu5 anyway, i just love my vci-300 but i totally need more cue points that I can use on the fly....now I do have a vestax vfx-1 could i map that for my cues, keep in mind imn not too midi/savy. I don't want to get over my head.I would like to use for of the buttons on it because i still want to use it for effects....is this possible? Is this something that can be done even by a dummy like myself? I look forward to hearing everyones feedback and thank you in advance.

-Jim
-Jim

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 4:43 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Welcome, please in future break blocks of text, it's much easier to read.

Looking at the vci's mapping, I'd use the scroll button as a extra shift button, by changing the cue buttons to these mappings

Cue 1
var '$scroll' ? $var '$shift' ? delete_cue 4 : hot_cue 4 : $var '$shift' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1
Cue 2
var '$scroll' ? $var '$shift' ? delete_cue 5 : hot_cue 5 : $var '$shift' ? delete_cue 2 : hot_cue 2
Cue 3
var '$scroll' ? $var '$shift' ? delete_cue 6 : hot_cue 6 : $var '$shift' ? delete_cue 3 : hot_cue 3

How it will work; (cue 1 as an example)
press and hold scroll, press cue 1 and you'll get cue 4
press and hold scroll and shift, press cue 1 and you'll delete cue 4 (a bit clumsy but not that bad to say deleting cues isn't used that much)

cue 1 & shift will work as it did before.

Explained
(1)var '$scroll' ? (2) $var '$shift' ?(3) delete_cue 4 : (4) hot_cue 4 : (5) $var '$shift' ? (6) delete_cue 1 : (7) hot_cue 1

1 is scroll pressed ?
2 scroll is pressed, is shift pressed too ?
3 both scroll and shift are pressed, delete cue 4 then
4 scroll is pressed but shift isn't, call(or set) cue 4
5 scroll isn't pressed, but is shift pressed ?
6 shift is pressed and scroll isn't, delete cue 1
7 neither scroll nor shift is pressed, call (or set) cue 1

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 6:34 am
That sounds great, as i mentioned im not technical so those codes you typed in your message where do i put them? I'm really lost. Using the scroll button to get cues 4,5 and 6 this will be awesome if you can please help me get this all setup, much appreciated.

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 6:57 am
As for flak in the booth, shrug it off. SDJ is a software to make YOUR hardware work the way THEY say it should. VDJ says "It's your HW and if you want you can completely re-imagine it"

Further to the above post, there are a few buttons I see that can also be changed like the out buttons.

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 7:09 am
Hey Man - I got it!!! Thank you so very much and I hope the rest of your night is awesome. You can rest tonight knowing tht someone is grateful for knowing you helped him with expe3cting nothing in return....please accept all my gratitude......Thank you so much!

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 7:11 am
Change in controllers tab, the entries shown here

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 7:12 am
Pay it forward.....you have inspired me to perform random act of kindness. It started with you, now me and I'm going to do the same for someone in the need of help. This is where it all starts to make the world a better place.

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 7:34 am
Give me your 3 most used FX and I'll show you how to use scroll+out to call them,
Later, work time now.

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 7:59 am
I have a Vestax VFX-1 for effects....I found 3 more buttons that I want to use for hot cues 4,5 and 6....I have those setup but can you please tell me how to use the shift button to delete them, this is what I have so far

var '$scroll' ? $var '$shift' ? delete_cue 4 : hot_cue 4 : $var '$shift' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 6

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 12:41 am
Which 3 buttons? you're not making sense, I've already given you

scroll + cue 1 = cue 4
scroll + cue 2 = cue 5
scroll + cue 3 = cue 6

scroll + shift + cue 1 = delete cue 4
scroll + shift + cue 2 = delete cue 5
scroll + shift + cue 3 = delete cue 6

pictures of what you have please

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 12:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)