Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet The Sampler - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I may not be happy with the remix / transition sample sets I've downloaded.
It seems quite easy to construct my own.
The Hydrogen drum machine is provoking thought along with ZynAddSubFX.
Ableton has still got to get in on the act.
What is happening is the VDJ8 sampler, and my Akai APCmini may be providing an easy way to utilize music creation software.

Obviously reinforcing the base when needed with various types of drums is one objective, whilst running things like high hats over the top.
Prerecorded sound effects can easily be dropped into a song.

I'm thinking heavy echo / reverb will be useful.

This might be more important than I expected.

Can anyone recommend a good cheap webcam?

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 1:49 am

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 12:25 pm
It just occurred to me that we can put acapella's in the sampler and reinforce them with our own things like drums and high hats.

So much is possible.

.......rushes off to get acapella's!

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 12:32 pm
@Beatbreaker
"As for ideas for using the sampler I have 100's as using the sampler is one of my favorite things in any software!!
So please I'm helping you, Ive showed you things and even how to.get some things working like you wanted.
Quit with this nonsense already, I can and will help you."

Thank's Beatbreaker.
We need you to produce a youtube video displaying the sampler features in VDJ8, we need someone with your skills.
It will counterbalance the work of Ean Golden.
When will it be ready ?

I'll keep working on mine, just as a backup, I'm sure it won't be needed.

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 4:34 pm
There are lots of YouTube videos already (posted by Atomix staff) that explain all the in and outs of VDJ, often including little gems of information that even someone at my experience level can discover/learn from.

https://www.youtube.com/user/VDJTips

There's also a forum thread which links to the above videos.

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 5:14 pm
It's about more than that groovin.
Ean has overrun youtube with such work promoting the Traktor remix decks, and now we see him present Pioneer software.
Show me the videos displaying sampler enabled transitions, and live remixes using the VDJ8 sampler?

Just one?

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 5:22 pm
Well VDJ doesn't have Remix Decks, or a sequencer like Rekordbox DJ (apparently) has.

Believe me I wish we did have X, Y and Z features available in the sampler (dig hard enough and you'll find old posts in the wishes forum) but whether they'll come or not is up to Atomix. We can only request and wait.

FYI I have been using pro samplers since the 80s. My first was the famous Akai S900, followed by an S1000. I have a MPC1000 too. Now though, it's all done with soft samplers in your DAW or DJ software. Even the DAWs are often light on features compared to the old hardware models.

We do have to remember that VDJ is DJ software. The production style features would be nice but they're not going to be used by many DJs, and it makes the software more complex too.

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 5:28 pm
I can do sampler based live remixes, and transitions.
Adam is right in his intro to this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ZOW4S2Bqg

The sampler is the big new feature.

Deja Vu
It's here, it's now!
You remind me of Phil Morse and CU.

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 5:34 pm
If were able to record straight to a sample slot like in 7 doing live remixes and mashups is soooo much easier!!
Why they did away with that kills me!!

But 2 of my children have birthdays this weekend so ill see what I can put together.

Groovin is right though, the team has put together some great videos which I have learned a lot from.

What's missing is a "Preformance" video. There are some but I haven't seen many with 8.

All in all ill see what I can do this weekend.

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 5:44 pm
You do that Beatbreaker, and you will get loads of praise from me, we need someone to become our youtube superstar.

Someone is going to become quite famous before too long.

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 5:49 pm
I was trying to remember where I got my favourite sample pack from, it contains 4 kick drums, 4 hihats 14 scratches, and 4 synths.
I saw it, minus the scratches in Adams video.
It's the default instrument kit!
Atomix are putting it on a plate.

We still need to make our own sample packs once the dust settles, or at least buy.

Posté Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 8:37 pm
Gentlemen, I have raised a few of the post that I felt were disrespectful, personal attacks, rude, inflammatory, or just plain useless information. I am seeing a lot of useless information lately, and will try to do my best to clean it up. I am just one person, and this is not my forum, so there is only so much I can do. I have people that monitor what I do, and can change any of my actions they seem unfair, or against company policy. Have a good day gentlemen.

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 2:26 am
Ha, so my post on how I use video acapellas in the sampler was deemed "useless" information??

That was a lot of "useless" leveling, did you even read my post?? I was clearly trying to give Ron ideas!!

Keep up the great work AMAHM, excellent job bro....

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 3:10 am
Check your PM

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 4:10 am
I am just like you, Ron and beatbreaker, I love the sampler! :)
And I try to build a decent collection of samples of different genres and such.
But though it seems like it's available "everywhere" I would like to know where do you buy or collect new samples from?
I have a Halloween party coming up and I need to add some horror-sounds to it, by the way.

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 5:18 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Google it, there are loads of free sample drop sites out there, unfortunately quality is not always at the top of the agenda on some sites, so you'll just have to cherry pick.

Hope that helps.

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 9:08 am
Yes I know, that's the problem. There are too much.
Maybe some of you had some good advice from sites that you use :)

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 9:43 am

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 6:57 pm
what happen here ???!!!...man this is worst than catholic school ...:)

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 9:51 pm
I allready mentioned in one of these threads @ the toolroom stem pack made by well known dance producers and (this is the thing ) pre cut to proper length. now if you waist more time...in fact,I would be looking for more stem packs instead of guessing.and Atomix better get on this...

Posté Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 10:00 pm
83%