Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Hercules RMX, a question for experienced DJs

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi
You find your self stuck with your old RMX because your 1000$ system broke.
what would you put in custom keys, (effects, hot cues) how would you remap the console for your needs ?

Posté Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 7:23 pm
do i need a "pro" subscription to have assistance ?

Posté Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 6:31 pm
No, but I don't really understand the question. It says you are a home user. You have a $1000.00 system that broke, and you want to use your RMX. How do you use either of these as a home user? As for mapping, I find that is a personal thing, and you should map a controller that best suits your needs. I have a RMX2, and it is limited to me, but have mapped the forward search to video transition, and back search to pitch reset.

Posté Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 11:37 pm
I would use Default mapping. thats it.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 8:04 pm
I do not have any professional system or what ever. only the RMX, limited on home version.
I am looking for many options and possibilities before i buy the pro or controllerist license. I dont want to buy and regret to use the RMX.
i bought it 80$, if it doesnt work, i will sell it back. But i dont want to spend on any license if im not sure what controller i will use.

Posté Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 2:11 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
VirtualDJ V8.1 Home Free will support your controller for 10 min after each launch as Pro Version so you can check and test.
Please make sure you have also the latest drivers for the RMX and the additional Hercules Control Panel installed.

Posté Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 4:03 pm
Thanku robroy
But im still wondering what would be the best custom mapping for the Rmx
Something that most djs will use the most.
I dont think it has lots of button choice.

Posté Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 3:11 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Custom Mapping is something that is focused on personal habits.
I do not think that there is a common behaviour to say this mapping is the best or most used.
The default mapping is to support the RMX the way the manufacturer designed the controller.
If you want different use or more buttons perhaps you need an additional pad controller

Posté Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 7:56 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Each deck has 6 djc buttons. These buttons can have different actions, so the options are to you.
The only thing I changed are the gain sliders, I use them for filter, and balance for filter-resonance.

Posté Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 10:48 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)