Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Mixed In key with Virtual DJ 8 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi Guys, I have just got "Mixed In Key 7" which I have just used to find the Key with new mp3s. Which all works Great. I have done some research & Mixed in key seem to be the best program to detected the key. When I transfer the tracks to VDJ 8 & Batch Scan the mp3s (Like I do with all my Mp3s) VDJ scans a different key & places it in the tag over the mixed in key tag. how do I stop the Key from been overwritten by VDJ 8. So the Tag Key remains the mixed in key tag??

Posté Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 4:07 pm
Maybe some day they will let us choose til then you can tell MIK to write to comments and use that instead

Posté Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 4:39 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
+1

Posté Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 5:23 pm
Several users have asked Atomix to change this behaviour, so that DJs can opt to choose between using MIK or VDJ to scan/display key info.

However there was a recent post saying (in essence) that it's not going to happen. :-(

VDJ 7 was biased towards minor keys, but if a key already existed in a file tag then it would be left alone.

Now although VDJ 8 is better at key detection, MIK still rules the roost for accuracy according to published comparisons so it's unfortunate that Atomix are not permitting use of "third party" keys and overwriting / ignoring them.

Posté Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 7:28 pm
Yet 8.1 incorporates music groups (again) that no one is the least bit interested in. So much for listening to users.

Posté Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 8:39 pm
Come on, a couple of guys does not equal the majority. I'm sure if it were a majority of the users interested, they may take a look. Unfortunately, that's life.

Posté Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 11:20 pm
I think that there should be a option to just leave the tag along. I use Tag & Rename to do all my tags & mix in key for the key. Other DJ software just leave the tags. It maybe something VDJ could thing about.
You can import the cue points the MiK saves so why not the Key..

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 10:52 am
Steve Xcite wrote :
I think that there should be a option to just leave the tag along. I use Tag & Rename to do all my tags & mix in key for the key. Other DJ software just leave the tags. It maybe something VDJ could thing about.
You can import the cue points the MiK saves so why not the Key..

Hello! So you mean that MIK can create cue points by itself automatically? Then transferred to VDJ 8?

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 11:30 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I've just been to the MIK website, the cost is @ £50 which is good value.
However they want an Internet connection.
That's a deal breaker in my eyes.
I'm fed up with everything and its dog running backwards and forwards through my firewall.
I'll wait for Atomix to improve their key detection.

Anyway there might be a quite good free program, I'm off to look.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 3:11 pm

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 3:25 pm
This link is likely to give an excellent estimation of the capabilities of key finding programs.

http://ibrahimshaath.co.uk/keyfinder/comparison.pdf

These bar charts are constructed by an almost independent well qualified software scientist.
He is not trying to part you from your money.

Why can't Atomix hire this guy?
Key detection is important.

Note: We do seem to be tail enders. I'm a bit annoyed, and also feel slightly humiliated.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 3:32 pm
I have downloaded Keyfinder 1.25 for Windows?
The OSX version is 1.26?

Lets see what I've got.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 3:48 pm
I've used Keyfinder for years now and its pretty good.

But in the end these programs are just giving me a general base to work with because in the end my ears will tell me what's good.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 4:27 pm
Beatbreaker, you've given a big +1 to Keyfinder !

I'm analysing a batch of 500 songs at this moment.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 4:37 pm

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 5:02 pm
Where the hell are the experts?

I remember something about VDJ8 using a different numeric system to Camelot. The point being that it is the relationship between the analyzed keys which is important.
Hence VDJ8 could get every key wrong and still outperform the best programs.
Remember it's about how one song relates to another.
I've done all this @ 4 years ago, and forgot.

Also VDJ8 has two modes.

I doubt the people posting on VDJ 8's key finding capabilities have any idea of how VDJ 8 works when being used for harmonic mixing.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 5:42 pm
Keyfinder analysis is now written to my 70's song folder. I hope I got all my custom codes right. I have written both normal, and Camelot numeric key codes to the song tags.
Hm I should have saved the custom codes in VDJ 8 numeric fashion.
Atomix have a little world of their own!

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 5:52 pm
Well it's done, 500 songs analyzed using the normal, and numeric keys, both being written to the song comment tags, and then displayed in the VDJ 8 browser.
Is it worth the effort?

Any comments please...

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 6:06 pm
It's possible that VDJ 8 is not very good at minor key detection.
That might be its big weakness.

The major keys detected by VDJ 8, and Keyfinder demonstrate a good correlation.
Hence most major keys will be detected correctly by VDJ 8.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 6:42 pm
This image contains the Keyfinder custom codes which correspond to the Camelot wheel...

In the Keyfinder preferences I selected both (which writes the normal and Camelot key codes) and Overwrite the Comment tag.
It is important to tick the option "Write to tags/filenames automatically during batch jobs"
Also I ticked the parallelise option.

To use this program just select the songs for analysis, and "drag and drop" them into the Keyfinder window, then just press the Run Batch Analysis button.

Posté Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 7:25 pm
25%