Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Sample volume

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey guys im using vdj 8.1 with a behringer cmd dc1 I use it to trigger samples and to control the sample volume, when I first open up vdj I set the audio sample volumes to 50% using the knobs but when I change sample bank to video sample to trigger my logo and then change back to audio samples to trigger my drop the sample volume is back to 100% how can i fix it to stay where I had set it at first like 60 or 70% please help

Posté Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 3:07 pm
I believe this is the normal behaviour. Many people have asked for this to be corrected but it is still the same

Posté Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 3:16 pm
So if I want to map a button to trigger logo on video sample with out triggering the audio sample so I dont have to change from audio to video samples and re adjusting volumes every time what would the mapping script be please reply thanks

Posté Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 11:05 pm
Have you tried to set you sample gains, and save them? Even if the volume of the sample stays at 100%, it can only go as high as the gain. You can set the gain like this,

Secondly, you can have the audio of a video drop go to headphone, instead of master or deck.

Posté Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 5:53 am
That's is the reply Atomix always trot out....but setting sample gains isn't the solution.

Surely the volume adjustment is there to make on-the-fly tweaks, not to set the level in stone? What if he sets the gain of all his samples, saves them all, then next time he uses them, he needs them to be a little louder? Go through the lot to set and save the gain again? It's totally impractical!

If we need to adjust the volume of a track on a deck, we don't have to mess with the gain and save it, do we? We just move the volume fader and it stays where it is. Why should the samples be different?

It's also a PITA that the sampler always creates a second copy of your files (if you change the gain for example). I don't want a second copy.

I have almost as many samples as tracks - thousands. If I were to let VDJ lose on the lot, I'd end up with duplicates of thousands of sample files. GRRRR :-(

Posté Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 10:29 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm with groovin on this one, sample gain should be set at line level for instances of solo play, the gate/volume level should be saved across sessions for non solo use.

I've got half an idea of a workaround setting a persistent variable when the sample volume slider is touched and a rs script checking and setting the volume of a sample if it is loaded.
I'm run off my feet at the minute to test.

Posté Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 12:14 pm
I agree with both of you, but I don't sit around and wish for anything. I play with the cards in my hand. I'm a working DJ, and do what I have to do to play NOW. So he should not use the samples, because Atomix has not gotten around to adjust the volume control? How about trying my idea, until they get around to it? I also have more samples than I will ever need, and still looking for new ones. I have a Launchpad S full of samples, that I have to stop and think where they are. In reality, I have a few that I use all the time, and setting the gain on them gives me the control that I need. I have them set to the master out, which I can control with my MC6000 (if I am using one deck, I can raise the volume of the non-playing deck to increase if I need). This is how I use my samples, and don't have to worry about them being too loud. He does not have to use this method if he does not want too. You guys are great with scripting, but it is Chinese to me, and at the moment I don't have the desire to become proficient with it. I can change my oil, but have lost the desire to do that, and stop doing it long ago. If I need help with scripting, I come here and ask for help. You can wait for something to be done, or try something else.

Posté Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 6:22 pm
We dont sit around and wait for miracles we work with what we have but it is annoying to swap samples and adjust the volume every time just imagine if you load a song then you press play , then you adjust the volume of the song but if you press cue you have to readjust the volume wait you want to hot cue and you have to readjust the volume for the same track over and over again, the gain setting dont work for me because I play in different clubs and I play different kind of music every time so sometimes I have to raise or decrese the volumen thanks for the help

Posté Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 5:19 am
Also what I ment is that on the samples window you have sound samples, and video samples on each window I have at least 15 that im trying to use and if I jump from audio to video samples back and forth I have to re adjust the knobs for each sample just like they said you dont have to adjust the fader on a deck everytime you press cue, loop, or sync

Posté Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 5:28 am
I do not have to readjust, once I have set the gain. It does not matter where I am playing. It's the same as analyzing a track.

Posté Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 6:37 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)