Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet RELOCATE MISSING FILE

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Perhaps 2 months ago, after an update RELOCATE MISSING FILE is not working for me. I choose "relocate missing file" and when the finder does not open to the song, i have to type in the artist and song title in the search line. Now my problem begins, because I only see grayed out lists. I then close the "relocate missing file" Finder window in Mac and do a search in VDJ for the song, add it to the playlist or whatever I am working with, then delete the missing one. (IF I open Finder and go to music and find the song, it's not grayed out, it is right where it should be). Any Suggestions? Thanks so much.

Posté Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 8:27 pm
Hi, I was having this problem as well and I finally found out the cause and a solution. It's all because Apple decided to screw around with the way finder handles mp3's specifically. It absolutely destroyed my workflow until I figured out that I had to strip all of the titles from my Mp3's and move them to the Album field in the id3 tag. I don't use the album field so it's where I moved my titles but you can use another field as well. When finder see's a title in the id3 tag for an Mp3 it uses Apples brand new way of handling music files which hides the artist name in Finder search results and makes editing the mp3 filename impossible in search results. This new mp3 file handling also disables the ability to select an mp3 when searching for/relocating a file in most DJ software. I use Virtual DJ and the only way I could get this functionality back was to strip the id3 titles and move them to the Album or another available id3 field. It sounds crazy but it's the only way you can restore "normal" finder behavior for mp3 files. Try it and you'll see what I mean. You can switch to a Finder replacement like Pathfinder and everything is back to normal but Pathfinder has it's own set of bugs that eventually led me back to stock Finder and the solution I detailed above. Apple and their constant changes and "upgrades" is to blame.

P.S. A word of warning. If you do use the album field for your titles there is a Spotlight bug: If you search for an Mp3 using Spotlight and have your Mp3's set to open with Quicktime or another music player as default iTunes will open the file instead and also load every other file in the directory of the file you searched for!!!!! I'm still trying to find a fix but for now I just live with it.

Posté Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 10:02 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)