Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Sujet Certain Music Files Are Not Visible In Browser or Search

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have the latest build of VDJ 8.1 and the search fails to find certain songs. The song files are present on the HD but when you drill down via the browser in VDJ they dont appear although the folder structure is in place.

I have tried to repair and delete the database to rebuild but the files still cannot be seen in VDJ.

Windows 7 - VDJ 8.1 2587

Posté Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 11:20 am
What format are they in?

Are the files definitely in the database?

Are you sure the browser is not set to filter anything?

Posté Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 11:27 am
The files are Mpeg 4 Audio, but I have noticed that they are stating Protected in brackets.

The files exist in the ITunes DB and have cross referenced the XML file.

I think this maybe the cause - ITunes :-(

Posté Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 12:28 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Could this be DRM? Remember that VDJ8 does not play DRM protected files yet...

Posté Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 1:22 pm
I think it would still show them, just not play them.

Posté Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 7:05 pm
Removed DRM and all now ok. The files still couldn't be seen through the browser but all is good now.

This case can be closed.

Posté Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 3:38 pm
I have the same issue with random Mp4s not from DMR. If you click show audio the missing video files will show up as audio files. When you load these files in a deck they will Chang back to a Mp4 in the database and again be searchable when the video only button is clicked. What is causing this?

Posté Sun 27 Dec 15 @ 1:19 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The .mp4 extension is used both for audio and video files.
VDJ tries to detect if the file contains video during loading the tags, but on some files it is not possible to properly detect this until the file is fully opened.
Scanning unscanned tracks should also fix this.

Posté Sun 27 Dec 15 @ 1:23 pm
Yeah but these files have been played and shown up as videos before. I found a bunch more last night. Very fustratin. Never had this happen in 7.

Posté Sun 27 Dec 15 @ 6:39 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I saw that happening too.
With files I know I had played them already.
I don't know what could be the cause. Maybe, just maybe, I moved the files earlier with the Vdj browser.

Posté Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 9:51 am
i am using the default 2 deck skin. i think it has something to do with the automix playlist. I run a trivia every week and run a automix playlist. it seems that the videos that are converting to audio tracks where in an automix playlist.

Posté Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 7:59 am
my iTunes music is showing but there is nowhere near the correct amount of songs that are available to be played compared to what I have in my iTunes library. I am new to this and have no clue what to do. please help

Posté Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 6:31 am
Please don't bump old threads with new questions. This one's from 2015.

Next time make a new post.

Are all the tracks in your library purchased, or are some of them rented (i.e. Apple Music tracks)?

Posté Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 5:28 pm
My old music is accessible in the iTunes folders below the root folder. New playlists are downloaded and accessible in iTunes but in VDJ the playlist folder is there with the name of the folder but the listing is grey and none of the songs are there in that folder. What the heck...?

Posté Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 4:41 am
I'm thinking of uninstalling VDJ and iTunes and reinstalling them in hopes of fixing some glitch I'm having with my iTunes not showing up in my VDJ playlist folder that should be imported from iTunes. When I uninstall those programs will there be a file from VDJ and iTunes left on my pc? Will I need to delete such file if they exist to completely "clean up my mess". So I can reinstall completely fresh?

Posté Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 4:51 am
Content Unlimited folder is not showing up at all on my screen and it’s not allowing me to play anything and my audio is current so I don’t know what’s going on but I’m at a show right now and I’m not able to play music

Posté Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 3:04 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)