Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Filter folder

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have seen the "scope" option mentioned a couple of times and also seen a screenshot, but I'm on 2857 (latest build) and that option does not show all the time. Seems random depending on when or where the filter folder is created .....

Also the user maual seems to be a bit out of date, no mention of "scope" in there detailing what it does either?

Posté Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 2:51 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Whether you are offered the scope option depends on where you create the filter folder.

A top level filter folder has global (database) scope by nature of where it is; there is no folder to apply it to, hence no scope option.

A filter folder that is a subfolder can have a scope that applies globally or to that folder.

Posté Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 3:50 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Whether you are offered the scope option depends on where you create the filter folder.

A top level filter folder has global (database) scope by nature of where it is; there is no folder to apply it to, hence no scope option.

A filter folder that is a subfolder can have a scope that applies globally or to that folder.

by top level you mean the order my filter folders show ? cause im still learning about filter folders and im confused on how to make it an database filter and not just to a certain folder how to i go about this ?

Posté Mon 30 May 16 @ 7:19 pm
Take a look at pic1:

Here the filter folder named "Filter" is on top level. It's NOT contained inside any other folder.

Now take a look on pic2:

Here all the filter folders are children of another folder (of a Virtual Folder on this example)

On pic 1 the filter folder edit dialog will not offer a "scope" since it can only be "database"

On pic 2 though, it offers the "scope" menu since the filter can be global (database) or act only against the contents of it's parent folder

Posté Mon 30 May 16 @ 8:11 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Take a look at pic1:

Here the filter folder named "Filter" is on top level. It's NOT contained inside any other folder.

Now take a look on pic2:

Here all the filter folders are children of another folder (of a Virtual Folder on this example)

On pic 1 the filter folder edit dialog will not offer a "scope" since it can only be "database"

On pic 2 though, it offers the "scope" menu since the filter can be global (database) or act only against the contents of it's parent folder

well thank sir i finally got it. sorry for all the questions...learning as i go :-)

Posté Mon 30 May 16 @ 8:30 pm
Just FYI: You don't need to quote the previous message if you are posting right after it. :)

Posté Mon 30 May 16 @ 8:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)