Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Only works for 10 minutes and I do not have any controller

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just downloaded and installed VDJ 8 on my dell laptop for home use (running Windows 10)

I am only using the mouse and keyboard. I am logged in to my VDJ. I have no controllers

Every 10 minutes I am prompted that I must buy a copy if I don't want to stop every 10 minutes

What am I doing wrong?

Please help

Thanks

Posté Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 5:00 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
a picture of your audio config please

Posté Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 5:01 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As above it will probably be that you either have an audio configuration that requires a license or a MIDI device has been detected.

The actual message you got should tell you why.

Check your audio configuration screen (and as above if you're not sure post a screenshot) and check the controllers screen to see if anything has been detected. If it has, then set it to 'Ignore'.

Posté Mon 21 Mar 16 @ 8:53 am
Almost seems like we now have to be engineers to use the VirtualDJ program. It used to be simple for the home user. I'm also getting bumped after 10 minutes ... this time in the free dance class I provide for the community. I had to finish the class using VLC Media Player ... and may I say Thank God for those folks.
Are you moving in the "pay only -- no home version" direction? If so I'll start looking for an alternative.

Posté Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 5:54 am
VirtualDj is FREE for personal HOME use with mouse and keyboard and that doesn't have changed.
However: You CANNOT use an advanced audio configuration without a license. If you simply use "Master & Headphones" then it would not stop after 10 minutes.

Posté Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 7:27 am
chasewenControlleristMember since 2012
I have the Numark IDJ3 and I paid $99 for a license and still only get 10-15 minutes out of VDJ8. What do I have to do to get my controller to work??? My daughter's graduation party in next Saturday and I've been dealing with this since February!!!!! I like VDJ but I will junk this crap if I can't even use my equipment at my own house

Posté Fri 10 May 19 @ 11:17 am
chasewenControlleristMember since 2012
PhantomDeejay wrote :
VirtualDj is FREE for personal HOME use with mouse and keyboard and that doesn't have changed.
However: You CANNOT use an advanced audio configuration without a license. If you simply use "Master & Headphones" then it would not stop after 10 minutes.

I have the Numark IDJ3 and I paid $99 for a license and still only get 10-15 minutes out of VDJ8. What do I have to do to get my controller to work??? My daughter's graduation party in next Saturday and I've been dealing with this since February!!!!! I like VDJ but I will junk this crap if I can't even use my equipment at my own house

Posté Fri 10 May 19 @ 11:18 am
Have you logged in to the software with your forum username and password?

Have you bought the correct license for your controller?

The license you have bought is for home use only by the way. Read the EULA

Posté Fri 10 May 19 @ 12:25 pm
chasewen wrote :
[quote=PhantomDeejay]What do I have to do to get my controller to work?

You need to log in to VDJ with your forum details, so that your license is recognised. You also need to ensure that you use only the controller that you're licensed to use, and only the audio config that the controller requires (which is provided natively).

If you try to use another controller or a config that requires another type of license then you'll only get ten minutes of trial use.

Posté Fri 10 May 19 @ 4:36 pm
got this as a gift and now i have to pay to use it ......is this a joke???? hardware is sold its no use without a software....why do you sell things like this??? you made your money by selling the product at
least have as heart to let us use the basics....cos i come from a place where we hardly have ATM and dollar is way far a dream to earn....discouragement to new or upcoming DJs.......sorry for my opinion.

Posté Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 5:55 pm
user205496340 wrote :

hardware is sold its no use without a software....why do you sell things like this?
you made your money by selling the product

VirtualDJ doesnt sell controllers, other companies are doing that..
And hence VirtualDJ didnt make any money selling the controller or hardware either ;-)

VirtualDJ is only the software, and is free to use without a controller.

But if you are using DJ Hardware/controller then you need a license.
You do get 30 days trial first.

And for your VMS 4 controller (you are still using?) you even have a free Light Version included.
(and is registered to your account). But I guess you want to use the newer 2021 version of VirtualDJ perhaps.
Need a license for that though.

Posté Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 6:36 pm
user20549634 wrote :
got this as a gift and now i have to pay to use it ......is this a joke???? hardware is sold its no use without a software....why do you sell things like this??? you made your money by selling the product at
least have as heart to let us use the basics....cos i come from a place where we hardly have ATM and dollar is way far a dream to earn....discouragement to new or upcoming DJs.......sorry for my opinion.

Atomix/Virtual DJ does not make money on selling hardware. The company that creates the hardware makes money on it
Atoix only makes the Virtual DJ software

Posté Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 6:36 pm
baz1991Home userMember since 2021
I got a mixtrack 3 off a pal I downloaded the virtual dj le software wat come with controller ... it was working fine for couple weeks then now it's playing out my speakers very quite the controller still works but can hardlys here the music was loud few days ago when I was using them tho... any1 no how to help

Posté Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 2:56 pm
baz1991 wrote :
I got a mixtrack 3 off a pal I downloaded the virtual dj le software wat come with controller ... it was working fine for couple weeks then now it's playing out my speakers very quite the controller still works but can hardlys here the music was loud few days ago when I was using them tho... any1 no how to help

You made a thread about that here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/239941/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/mixtrack_3_.html

Posté Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 3:00 pm
I dont understand how people think they deserve something for nothing, If you want the all the benefits of the program pay for it. If you want the basics then the software is free to use on your computer. If you want to use a controller buy a controller license..... I get it not everyone can afford it. Maybe you need to look at open source software.....

Posté Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 6:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)