Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Sujet Issues Downloading & Creating LRC Lyric Files in VDJ v8.1

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I am getting mixed results with the LRC lyric file downloads. I was able to download LRC files from the Tag Editor in VDJ v8.1, but the last download was 11/25/2015. I am able to edit those files in a third party text editor, like Sublime. I tried making my own, using a successful download as an example, but VDJ does not seem to know it is available. Tech Support asked me to create this thread from my ticket, so...

Does anyone know how to get VDJ v8.1, running on Windows 10, to add new LRC files? I can manually make them, using an Excel spreadsheet I created. It takes an interim edit to set the '00:00:00' start and remove tabs, but makes files that look great. I can pull lyrics from anywhere, then use it to make my own. None of that matters until VDJ can figure out how to connect them. I'd be willing to edit the DATABASE.XML file... just need to know what eh application is looking for.

Any ideas? Anyone? Help!

And, yes... I am willing to post the Excel spreadsheet, after I am sure everything works!

Posté Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 4:19 pm
Just a note to add... I do a lot of analog to digital recovery. It seems that those files, and any I massage the MP3 Tag information for, do not download LRC files. Specialty CDs, like "Spotlight on...", "Hot Hits...", and "Now That's What I Call..." don't seem to work, either. I want to download lyrics for MP3 audio tracks and display the lyrics, or whatever I want... say Line Dance Steps. So, I have an incentive to do my own. I can modify existing LRC files or make my own to get this done. This seems like a worthwhile thing to do!

Posté Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 4:35 pm
here is a little thread to read

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/206161/VirtualDJ_8_1_Technical_Support/Lyric_Downloads.html?search=lyrics&page=1

from what I remember.
1. Sometimes downloads the wrong lyrics for the song (lyrics are not from VDJ)
2. can't edit the lrc file (it's located where the MP3 is) (Don't use NOTEPAD, it's garbled).
3. Using Wordpad is better, but how can you edit if it downloaded the wong lyric.
4,. I guess if you are desperate enought it could be done (I gave up on this part).

Posté Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 5:05 pm
Thank you for the link, Magic.DJ... I did see that link, but it is not quite what I am experiencing. Notepad is too basic an editor to get very far with ANSI or UTF-8 text files. I was using Crimson editor until I found Sublime. I prefer them over Wordpad.

I am successful calling up existing LRC files in Excel, as well as creating new ones that fit the LRC format. Something in the application needs to link the LRC file to the MP3 file, but it is eluding me, so far. I am not sure what VDJ is doing on the code side to know it has downloaded an LRC file. It doesn't seem to be in the Database.XML file. Nothing is standing out in the <Song> ... </Song> frame for the songs I have LRC files for. I had assumed VDJ just looked for an LRC file name matching the calling MP3, but it hasn't worked for me... to date.

If I can get this figured out, I will be happy to create a "How To" for the VDJ Community. from the scattered posts I have found, a number of us would like to be able to do this.

Is there a VDJ programmer/coder who may be able to help? Please, chime in!

Posté Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 5:43 pm
OK... I figured things out... finally. It was a mix of settings and human error. Things are happening, now...(:>)

I still am not sure why some songs don't download, or download the wrong LRC content, but I can now automate creating one. I actually got some correct LRC downloads from analog-to-digital (vinyl to WAVE to MP3) conversions. I am guessing the artist and song titles have to be exactly what is in the repository site's database. Still digging on that one...

Anyone interested in the XLSX Excel template, drop me an email!

Posté Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 3:14 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The only thing required is that the file name is the same and it is placed in the same folder.
So if you have
C:\music\mysong.mp3
Your lrc should be
C:\music\mysong.lrc

Posté Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 5:53 am
Hi, you can use Minilyrics to dowload lrc file in the same directory as the audio file.
Integrated Video Editor with new VDJ can also be used to download and edit lrc file (lrc results as not as good as the result given by Minilyrics).

Posté Thu 10 Aug 17 @ 3:22 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)