Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet settings in virtual dj 8

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello fellow dj's,

I have 3 questions,

1. I have giving colers to my quepoints in the poi editor but i don't see the colers in the waveform. Only blue and red. What to do?

2. I can't see grid lines in the waveform. What to do?

3. In the app djay2 you can see a thick grindline at every first beat. Very handy. Is this also possible in virrual dj 8?

Greetings,

Peter
Netherlands

Posté Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 10:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1. At the moment the Colors of the Hotcues only reflect on a MIDI Controller that offers RGB Leds for its Pads (e.g. Pioneer DDJ-SZ, Numark NS7II, AKAI AFX etc). The custom colors will be visible on the song position progress bar in a next update, but my suggestion would be to leave this procedure (coloring all of your Hotcues) for the next update ;)

2. I suppose you mean the "Scratch Waves" inside the SCRATCH panel. Those dont offer gridlines by default. There are some custom skins that offer a "hack" but this will be available soon.

3. first beat is having a larger width in the default skins , at least for the top 'default wave'

Posté Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 11:02 am
First off all let me say I like the demo of Virtual DJ 8 very much. Infact I like the Original skin and did't change it.

If you look at the djay 2 app (i have used to at start) you see very, very detailled waveforms. Also with beatgrid lines and a thick gridline at every first beat.

When trying the demo Virtual DJ 8 I am looking for detailled waveforms, butt I think the one I have seen are not very detailled.

1. I like the option 'horizontal scratch wave' very mutch. It would be better if the size of the window is higher and more detailled. Is this possible in settings?

2. An other thing is that I miss my gridlines and the thick firstbeat gridline. I have selected the option 'show extra gridlines', butt nothing happens. No gridlines to see.

Can you advise me what to do?

Greetings,

Peter
Netherlands

Posté Mon 25 Apr 16 @ 8:20 pm
You should have a close look at alternative skins. There are many which have bigger waveforms and lots of options to set everything to your own taste.

Posté Wed 27 Apr 16 @ 5:24 pm
Is this not possible in the original skin. Because if I change you get something good, and also loose something good. Do you know what I mean. For me the original lay out is good. I only prefer a better detailled waveform and higher. Also moving beats for placing quepoints in the poi editor would be Nice.

No option besides changing skin? Are there more skins when I buy the 99 dollars version?

Posté Wed 27 Apr 16 @ 6:19 pm
Some skins are only available to licensed users, and different levels of licenses.

There are some skins which are based on the default skin, but have added very many features and options i.e. "8 but by FRUiT".

Posté Wed 27 Apr 16 @ 6:30 pm
Thans for the advice! That's a nice skin with a bigger waveform.

Posté Thu 28 Apr 16 @ 9:26 pm
Is this skin also available in Virtual DJ 7?

Posté Mon 30 May 16 @ 7:34 pm
peterveldhuizen wrote :
Is this skin also available in Virtual DJ 7?

No

Posté Tue 31 May 16 @ 2:30 pm
It would not be possible to make a skin like that for VDJ 7 as the skin uses lots of new coding and features which VDJ 7 doesn't have.

Why would you want to use the old version anyway? 8 has been out for a while now and is quite stable.

Posté Tue 31 May 16 @ 4:31 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)