Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Sujet Denon SC3900 lag - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

djmidzPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a macbook pro 17 late 2012 2.4 ghz quad i7 16 ram radeon 6750 m graphics card with 1 gig of memory...i play in in full midi mode..When im paying a song or video everything is fine. I press the pause button on my SC3900 and it stops like it should. If i immediately move the platter after it stops it doesnt react for about 2 seconds...after that its fine again...Any ideas

Posté Thu 26 May 16 @ 5:08 am
hello anyone..any ideas???

Posté Fri 27 May 16 @ 9:37 pm
Hello Any devs out there that can help? Am i in the wrong forum? Sorry i dont mean to be impatient, but its been 4 days...havent heard a word.... thanks jon

Posté Sun 29 May 16 @ 6:36 pm
i have 3900's also but have never has that problem. if you have facebook there is a Denon User group on there. along with a VDJ group. might wanna join & post your question to those groups also. im in both groups & sometymes i get faster answer's on there than here
its worth a try

Posté Mon 30 May 16 @ 2:40 am

Posté Mon 30 May 16 @ 2:41 am

Posté Mon 30 May 16 @ 2:41 am
Also the lag only happens in vinyl mode...with platters off no lag start and stop no problem...its weird

Posté Mon 30 May 16 @ 6:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What is your 'motorwheelLockTime' setting set to?

Posté Mon 30 May 16 @ 6:51 pm
SBDJ wrote :
What is your 'motorwheelLockTime' setting set to?

SBDJ, how are your 3700s running? Never got an update on that

Midz - I have a similar problem on my 3700s. If I set the MotorWheeLock time to anything over .6 seconds, it takes well over 8 seconds for my flip and a/b trim functions to work. If I set the MotorWheelLock time to anything under .6 seconds there's constant lag and glitching when I hit play and pause.

Posté Thu 02 Jun 16 @ 3:47 pm
As I suspected...no one knows how to fix this.

Posté Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:20 pm
NosvenLE userMember since 2015
I feel this lagging problem effects all motorized platter. So far I've found this problem on Denon 3700,3900,and Numark NS7.

1) Not all the time, but sometimes when in straight midi vinyl mode and deck is stopped if you try to turn the platter (to manually go to a certain point in the song) the software dome and waveform don't react right away.

2) Sometimes when in straight midi vinyl mode and you hit play the song will play slower than it should and will continue that way. But if you disable vinyl mode while this is happening the song will sometimes go to its normal speed.

3) there is also sticker drift in straight midi mode.

I feel all three issues are related. If the platter can't manipulate the song 100% as in example 1, I can see why there would also be problem in example 2 and 3.

This is not limited to VDJ 8.1 but it's also in latest version 8.2. I was pretty excited about 8.2 until I came across this problem using demo mode. Seems like there is more work to be done with motorized platter.

Posté Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 10:21 pm
Can't believe no one has helped you out yet. I haven't been on this forum in months because, well no one has helped with this issue since vdj 8 came out.

Thank you for relaying this issue persists in 8.2, as I will not yet risk upgrading to 8.2. I have been using both 3700s & 3900s and they both have the same issues on 8 -- delayed play/pause, latency with the motorized platter, a/b trim & flip latency, and glitching when pressing play/pause. Not all of these issues occur simultaneously or are always happening, but they do occur. From what I remember, none of these issues occured in vdj 7. With that being said, this is solely a problem with the program virtual dj and they need to fix it.

Posté Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 3:04 pm
Hi DJ Bertie, I just wrote a long post about problems I'm having with the ASIO sound output with VDJ 8 and my 3900s. I've experienced the same issue you've explained where sometimes a song will start out playing slow and even fluctuating in speed, and switching out of Vinyl Mode instantly fixes it. It doesn't happen often, but I've had this phenomenon happen ever since I've used the 3900s with VDJ.

Someone already posted about the lag time, but I changed the Motor Wheel Lock Time setting and was happy with the results. I think the previous post said they had problems with anything below .6, but I have had no issues with putting in a lower value. Due to my currently larger problems with VDJ and the ASIO outputs, I just reinstalled Windows so I can't look to see what setting I ended up with, but I think I may have gone right down to zero so there was no lag at all.

I'll be farting around with it all shortly after I reinstall the software to see if my complete reinstall helps with my other concerns.

Posté Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 5:09 pm
IMO it's just part of an ongoing problem that VDJ seems to have had with motorized platters for quite some time.

I've long since given up asking Atomix to fix the problems with Denon's HS5500 decks. I think the last time they worked without issue was with VDJ 6.

Posté Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 5:45 pm
groovindj wrote :
IMO it's just part of an ongoing problem that VDJ seems to have had with motorized platters for quite some time.

I've long since given up asking Atomix to fix the problems with Denon's HS5500 decks. I think the last time they worked without issue was with VDJ 6.

Thanks for the input. Glad I'm not going crazy!

Posté Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 3:01 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I use motorised platters at most gigs (Numark) without issue so to say VDJ has inherent issues with them would be incorrect.

The 5500 has always been a bit of a problem child it seems!

I've tested the 3700 and 3900 quite a bit and have been unable to replicate these issues on either PC or Mac. I've contacted a few users I know using them and they also haven't had any kind of lag issue.

There must be something that is causing this issue for the few users having it - but I have no idea what unfortunately.

Posté Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 8:39 am
I've been DJing with my sc3909's for some tyme now....1st with version 7 now 8.?? Something LOL anyhoo all my problems were solved by (not) using the Denons as my sound cards..as somebody had suggested on here... Just use a mixer with its own built in sound card....I use american Audio 14mxr,laptop,2-sc390's problem free....

Posté Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 7:15 pm
SBDJ wrote :

The 5500 has always been a bit of a problem child it seems!

Well as I said, they worked OK with certain old versions of VDJ - although it did get a bit hit & miss. People found that you had to be quite precise on what version you used.

They always worked OK with Reflex/RPM too.

I'm hoping the forthcoming Denon beastie will be something that I can replace my 5500s with.

Posté Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 7:36 pm
NosvenLE userMember since 2015
Out of curiosity, those not experiencing the above problems would you share: make, model and operating system only if its Windows.

Posté Sun 01 Jan 17 @ 11:47 pm
Nosven wrote :
Out of curiosity, those not experiencing the above problems would you share: make, model and operating system only if its Windows.

make model of my laptop ?

Posté Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 12:28 am
71%