Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet DJM 900 nexus crackling audio and cut out

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Apologies beforehand for this long post! I've been using 2 XDJ 700's in HID mode and a pioneer djm 900 nexus mixer as the soundcard. The first two times I used this set up it was fine with no problems at all. On the third occasion everything was fine for a couple of hours then the sound started to crackle and pop, it then distorted and finally the audio stopped completely. I closed VDJ down and restarted it but the fault was still there. When I restarted the laptop the audio worked again and I managed to play for the remainder of the night which was about an hour. The following week I used the same set up and this time the same audio crackling problem occurred within 30 minutes. I had to shut the system down and decided to use the soundcard in the xdj's instead. Anybody can offer any help in finding out why this is happening? I'm using an Asus laptop with an i7 processor, 6gb memory, ssd drive and runs Windows 7. I have checked the mixer's firmware and it has the latest version installed (1.31). Thanks in advance.

Posté Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 1:22 pm
have you tried to increase latency?

Posté Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 4:54 pm
Thanks for your reply. After doing some research on the internet I do think it could be a latency issue. To be honest I'm a bit confused with it all! Should it be the latency setting in the mixer I should be adjusting or the one in VDJ 8? What really puzzled me is that it worked fine for 2 days straight and then on the third day I had the issue and even then it only occurred after about 3 hours. The following week the problem happened after about 20 minutes.

Posté Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 5:47 pm
if you leave vdj set to Auto for latency it will use what ever you adjust the mixer to

i would adjust the mixer latency.

Posté Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 6:01 pm
Ok thanks. I've arranged to go into the club where I dj in the daytime to try and rectify the problem. I'll try different latency settings and see if I can recreate the problem.

Posté Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 6:08 pm
Please take into account HEAT as well. Both of your laptop and your mixer...

Posté Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 8:01 am
I've been using this equipment every weekend and I've had no problems. I've only encountered this issue in the last two weeks and only when I use the mixers soundcard. The cpu usage on the laptop is very low and I usually dj anywhere from between 5 and 8 hours.

Posté Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 9:27 am
Have you tried using a different set of USB cords between your laptop and decks/mixer?

Posté Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 11:50 pm
Hi Dj Bertie. When I had the sound problem the latency of the mixer was set at 5.3msec. I changed this setting to 8.0msec and so far so good. The waveform is a little bit jerky, but that's to be expected and it's only really noticeable if you look for it. I have had no issues with the sound for the past 2 weekends now so I do think it was a latency issue. The only thing what puzzled me was that I used it for about 4 hours with the latency set at 5.3msec and it was fine and then out of the blue the problem occurred. The only thing that I did discover was that the USB hub I was using seemed to be faulty. I have replace it with a new one and that works fine. Not sure if the hub could have been responsible for this as I had the 2 decks connected to it and the mixer straight into my laptop.

Posté Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 8:32 pm
Where do i find latency settings for Windows xp? Im getting a horrible crackling sound. Driving me mad! Please help. Im sum what ignorant to the work around. Ty

Posté Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 12:11 pm
Please don't post the same question multiple times in different areas of the forum.

You already posted here and have a reply.

Once is enough.

Posté Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 12:14 pm
toppadon - I would suggest using the XDJ's for the sound card full stop and take the mixer out of the loop.

This will mean the XDJ will provide audio and HID control, plus you get to use all the good effects etc on the DJM900 instead.

This is what I do for all my club gigs. Plug straight into the CDJs and use the mixer as normally intended, been working like that for years with no major issues.

Posté Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 2:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)