Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet API for "Ask the DJ"?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Is there an API I can use to interface with the "Ask the DJ" site? Or can I simply just POST to the page?
I'd like to pipe my personal site's form into the "ask the dj" site.
Would also like to see an API token be used so that my Ask the DJ folder doesn't get spammed.

Here's my site I'd like to interface with "Ask the DJ".
http://suggest2.beathousepro.com/#/voting/66

Gonna change up the site tonight to see if I can POST straight from my forms to the "Ask the DJ" page and see what happens.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 5:55 pm

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 7:43 pm
Nice!!

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 8:11 pm
apedjPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I was about to ask the same thing. I imagine you could just use POST?

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 11:47 pm
i have a song request logo on my website when people click on it it links to the ask the dj request screen i set it up as a widget on my site works great http://www.generationsradiostl.com

Posté Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 4:48 pm
sirwesley wrote :
Here's a video showing my personal site POSTing to "Ask the DJ" and it showing up immediately. Very COOL.

https://youtu.be/1-1CasMj0NE

this is very nice!

Posté Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 8:02 pm
What happens if you don't have internet access for your audience?

Posté Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 4:12 pm
In the US...if we are in a place that has no phone service, then we are out of luck being able to use Ask The DJ. A cell phone signal is required. Cell Service = Internet Access 99% of the time.

What I would like to see is a way to possibly create my own wifi hotspot in a remote location with no cell service. That way people can suggest songs straight to VDJ without using the interenet. We would need an API for a local network connection in order to do this. Then a user would just browse to some local address and would be presented with a form to submit song requests.

Posté Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 4:22 pm
I am currently in the process of developing exactly what you are talking about.
You would need to set up a server for your solution.
Mine uses direct Wi-Fi.
Makes a connection, passes data and disconnects opening the channel for the next sender.

Posté Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 4:56 pm
sirwesley wrote :
In the US...if we are in a place that has no phone service, then we are out of luck being able to use Ask The DJ. A cell phone signal is required. Cell Service = Internet Access 99% of the time.

What I would like to see is a way to possibly create my own wifi hotspot in a remote location with no cell service. That way people can suggest songs straight to VDJ without using the interenet. We would need an API for a local network connection in order to do this. Then a user would just browse to some local address and would be presented with a form to submit song requests.

Crazy as this sounds we can still get SMS even if data signal is non existent
But you still run into the issue that people have phones but no mobile data.

Posté Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 4:58 pm
mxkiwi wrote :

Crazy as this sounds we can still get SMS even if data signal is non existent
But you still run into the issue that people have phones but no mobile data.

As the provider of the service, you might want to think about providing a hotspot for your clients, assuming you can get internet access. You could set up the hotspot to only allow them to go to ask the dj site with a little configuration.

Again, I think that there should be an option for VDJ to act as a server on a local network and the ask the dj site could be hosted locally. Then a user could connect to a non-interwebs connected hotspot (that you provide) browse to something like http://localhost/ask/sirwesley and suggest (of course they could come up with a better name than localhost, but that's typically the default).

Posté Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 5:05 pm
Can someone post exactly what code is needed? I saw someone use the API from a site where a user could search music, find what they want and then it sends it to ask the DJ. What code is needed for this?

Posté Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 5:28 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posté Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 10:19 am
djqwikcut wrote :
Can someone post exactly what code is needed? I saw someone use the API from a site where a user could search music, find what they want and then it sends it to ask the DJ. What code is needed for this?

API to LastFM or other music service that provides this kind of query to their database, then just POST the data to ask the dj.

I created my site with AngularJS: forced user to Authenticate with Facebook using their APIs, ran query to LastFM for song and title information in the form, then POSTed the form results to VirtualDJ's Ask The DJ.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 1:18 pm
sirwesley wrote :

I did some testing with this for TellyVisuals. In this case, TellyVisuals acted like a browser server. From you cell phone, you just went to my local wireless IP which is 10.0.0.9 and presto user is connected for 2 way communication. There are ways to change that numeric IP to a name. Did not receive a lot of feedback on it but I left it out for now but I think pretty cool. No internet needed.

Posté Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 1:56 am
I am not much of a teckie. However I am loving the idea of ask the dj on my website, rather than twitter or the ask the dj site directly.

I currently use a wordpress based website and currently developing a new one www.starlight-party.co.uk and my test site is www.mykaraoke.co.uk

Is there anything out of the box? Ready written code to add or any help to get something like this on my website.

thanks in advance

Posté Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 8:23 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Not a good solution if you ask me but you could use an iFrame to display the VDJ askTheDJ Site in your site.

The code looks like this:

<iframe src="https://www.virtualdj.com/ask/djqwikcut">
<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
</iframe>

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

Posté Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 10:17 am
Hi all, I am not that clever to program this api thing lolol, in my website has a option to add html, is this where i should copy and paste the code? I did it and nothing comes up .... can you please help?

Posté Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 9:37 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)