Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet The problem with updates...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Okay, so I'm gonna stop using the early access updates, and I'll download and install the mayor updates manually, because without noticing it, somewhere along the line, stuff changed and now I discover that:

1. my backspin effect has lost its sound
2. my loopout effect doesn't fade all the way to zero (silence)
3. my gain reset button behaves badly ("gain 100%" used to work to reset to 0dB, now it gives me 12dB!!!)

...I haven't discovered more yet, but I'm not too eager to always "get the latest" version anymore... (actually, I'm just waiting for Atomix to include a color choice for the ugly while songpos indicator line, and then... well, as they say: don't change a winning team! ...or: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!)

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 9:59 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Each effect has a settings option

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 12:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1. About Backspin. Cant see how sound is cut off by the Effect. Do you see the track back-spinning and you get no sound ? Or not spinning back at all ?

3. It should be gain 50% (put the slider to the middle). 100% means set to the maximum value. Not sure how this was working for you. Suggested to have the setting gainSliderIncludesAutoGain to Yes

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 4:05 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
About gain it is best to use set_gain instead as you can specify an absolute value in db directly :
set_gain 0

That works no matter what your "gainSliderIncludesAutoGain" is (while gain 50% depends on this setting and it sets the relative position of the slider to the middle).

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 8:46 am
Thank you all for your input :)

@DJDAD: the backspin effect normally makes a sound like a vinyl disc spinning backwards. Now I can see the song go backwards in the songpos , but no sound is heard...

@apopsis: Thanks! I changed the code accordingly.

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 9:42 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You probably have smart_scratch enabled. You can check this by looking at the 'smartScratch' setting in options.

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 10:25 pm
Scott: you da man! I don't know how that got activated, but that was it!!! Cheers mate!

Remains only the loopout effect that suddenly doesn't fade all the way to zero (silence)...

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 10:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Which loop out effect is it?

Easiest way to tell - when you activate loop out, does the waveform show you the loop?

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 11:03 pm
Yep, the loop is shown in the rhythm waveform...

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 11:17 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)