Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet not auto finding remote app

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

since updating to 8.2, i have to manually type my remote device's IP address in everytime i want to use the remote app.

I have a clean windows 10 setup, and i have bonjour installed and updated too.

once i manually enter the IP, it will stay connected until i restart VirtualDJ or until i restart the remote app.
(then it'll have a different port address by default and id have to manually edit the IP and port setting again.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 1:20 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Check to see if print and file sharing is turned on. Also make sure your network type (private or public) has the correct firewall rules associated with it. The file/print sharing has caught a few people.

I have two different W10 PC's that automatically connected with two different remote devices. So, at least in my case, it does work.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 5:37 am
The remote will now freeze up my Mac. I have to force close my Mac.

Something is different or has been changed......and its not on my end.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 1:14 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's connecting OK for me here on OS X El Capitan.

marksmolinski - check the bonjour service is actually working, and try disabling any firewall. It's working fine here with bonjour for windows, auto-detected no problem.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 3:26 pm
Any idea as to why my machine feezes as soon as I open the remote app??

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 7:18 pm
why does it work if i manually enter the IP address but not with auto connect??
I'd have to pair the devices everytime either restarts (PC or Android Tablet)

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 8:48 pm
Likely because either bonjour is not working correctly on your computer, or is being blocked by a firewall.

Open the services control panel and make sure that "Bonjour Service" status is running.
Try disabling any firewall.

If still no luck, install this:

http://hobbyistsoftware.com/bonjourbrowser

Close VDJ and the remote and run it. Then open the remote and hit refresh and you should see the remote appear.

When you run it Apples bonjour service will be stopped so you will have to reboot or restart it manually.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 9:07 pm
bonjour is installed, i know this because its left an icon on my desktop for a printer..
Bonjour Browser opens and shows a blank page.. not finding anything!

so, i ripped everything apple out of add/remove programs and rebooted (bonjour and apple installer)

downloaded Bonjour fresh from apple..
and still no joy!!

Bonjour browser shows "_VirtualDJ._tcp Desktop-6MA2T1D" (my pc name)

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 10:00 pm
Well I don't think you were referring to me Scott but I downloaded that app and heres some screen shots showing that my Macbook sees my iPad but VDJ won't connect.

Here you can my MacBook sees my iPad but VDJ wont connect.

When I try to type in the ip address VDJ freezes and I get the pinwheel unto I force close.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 10:10 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
Bonjour browser shows "_VirtualDJ._tcp Desktop-6MA2T1D" (my pc name)

If the remote app is open and that's all it shows (and you've hit refresh to be sure) then it would seem your PC is not seeing the bonjour advertisement from the remote.

So it's either likely to be a firewall issue or a network issue.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 11:00 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Well I don't think you were referring to me Scott but I downloaded that app and heres some screen shots showing that my Macbook sees my iPad but VDJ won't connect.

I wasn't, no, that advice was for Mark.

I'm unsure what to recommend for you I'm afraid; I've never seen that happen before. Connects on my OS X machine perfectly every time. I'll do some digging around and see if I can find anything.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 11:02 pm
It's hard to follow since most likely these are 2 different issues, but:

Please both of you make sure that your WiFi router does not use "Isolation mode" (or whatever your router's brand calls it) on the Wireless interface.
When "Isolation mode" is active then the router prevents wireless devices from talking to each other or other devices on the network.
Depending on router's brand, some brands prevent all the trafic (true isolation) while some others prevent most traffic but allow "barebone" network communications for network discovery to be functional (relaxed isolation)

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 11:10 pm
this isn't a new setup.. everything worked before the 8.2 upgrade and or latest windows installation.

i guess i'll just have to re-install windows again just to see if the issue goes away as its going wrong anywhere between win10, bonjor, vdj 8.2, Symantec endpoint...

Sometimes when setting up a fresh, the text plugins don't work. (they obviously use some windows dependency) so this might be the case too

Posté Sat 25 Jun 16 @ 3:59 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)