Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Numark Dashboard FW update 78822 does not work with VDJ [SOLVED] - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Numark Dashboard FW update 78822 does not work with VDJ. I just see Numark on the Left and Serato on the right. Any way to roll it back? I am running VDJ 8.2 b 3278

Posté Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 12:05 am
I deleted my custom mapping and I get the "SIMPLE_MIDI_5604.." next to Dashboard Right and Left. Also I am trying to set the deck to automatic, but that does not seem to save. The screens still look like my first post.

I installed the S word and they do work there. So new firmware is a complete bust for VDJ 8.2

Posté Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 1:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, thought so that the new firmware will break VDJ support (they're doing the best they can to make that happen lol) . Unfortunately, there is no way to go back to an older firmware and we will need to get a unit in our hands in order to see what has been changed and provide update. That's in our To-Do list , but no ETA.

At the moment, all we can say is that if you need your NS7III screens to work with VirtualDJ, don't update firmware !

Some extra info. The NS7III screens were kinda unlocked with the original firmware. When Numark launched the Dashboard screens, they locked them further (with something new that we need to bypass), thats why the separately Dashboard units dont work with VirtualDJ at the moment.
The firmware update for the NS7III screens kinda converts the screens into a Dashboard unit, with different VID/PId (that's why you get SIMPLE MIDI), but thats not the only issue (it would be simple if it was).

Posté Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 3:02 am
Bummer but partially expected. Going to call Numark today and see if they can get me something to revert back. Hate to lose this thing, I really grew to like it. Thanks for your time.

Posté Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 9:49 am
So I had an idea. The screens are useless to me at this point in time (my fault 100%). If I were to ship it to someone for development, would that help?

Looking like the inly other option is to send for warranty repair otherwise. But I am willing to take the risk if there is time for development.

Posté Sat 25 Jun 16 @ 12:25 pm
I was excited about the firmware update and updated right away and my screens went as well. I was happy to see your post, hoping there was a solutions, but I guess I am suck with Numark & Serato on the screens until VDJ come up with something.

Posté Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 12:19 pm
apedjPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Do you mean the Dashboard FOR the NS7iii or the standalone Dashboard? I was told the standalone one still didn't have compatibility.

Posté Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 4:05 pm
djdad wrote :
When Numark launched the Dashboard screens, they locked them further (with something new that we need to bypass), thats why the separately Dashboard units dont work with VirtualDJ at the moment.

Posté Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 4:18 pm
I'm aware of that, but the OP implies he had a version that worked..?

Posté Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 4:30 pm
Yes, the original dashboard included with the NS7 III did work with VDJ. Now that I have updated the firmware they do not.

Posté Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 4:33 pm
Ok- that's what confused me, the OP didn't say NS7iii and the photo didn't load at first. Thanks!

Posté Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 4:48 pm
BTW, I am the OP

Posté Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 11:31 am
I wish I had read this thread before installing the firmware update. I have the same problem.

Posté Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 10:07 pm
djdad wrote :
Yes, thought so that the new firmware will break VDJ support (they're doing the best they can to make that happen lol) . Unfortunately, there is no way to go back to an older firmware and we will need to get a unit in our hands in order to see what has been changed and provide update. That's in our To-Do list , but no ETA.

At the moment, all we can say is that if you need your NS7III screens to work with VirtualDJ, don't update firmware !

Some extra info. The NS7III screens were kinda unlocked with the original firmware. When Numark launched the Dashboard screens, they locked them further (with something new that we need to bypass), thats why the separately Dashboard units dont work with VirtualDJ at the moment.
The firmware update for the NS7III screens kinda converts the screens into a Dashboard unit, with different VID/PId (that's why you get SIMPLE MIDI), but thats not the only issue (it would be simple if it was).

Thank you! I am sending good thoughts your way for a successful update. :-)

Posté Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 11:45 pm
Official word from Numark "Virtual DJ is not supported" and "Unfortunately there is no way to downgrade firmware".

Now I trust Atomix to do their best to support us as they always have. But I am not sure I will be loyal to Numark when they choose to lock out competition with firmware updates. I further hate that I am stuck with Numark hardware as I could never trust a firmware update from them again, knowing that they could further lock down something I own and call it an "update". That is also a big thing to forget to mention in the release notes. At least allow us to make a conscious decision!

To rephrase this, Nurmark forced us to lock out compatibility to also fix some initial bugs. That does not sit well with me.

Posté Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 1:25 pm

Posté Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 4:21 pm
Yep, it's crap.

The dashboard would be perfect for me if it could be used as a video display (master + decks 1&2)

The only way to get them to change is by not buying their gear. That doesn't help you though.

Posté Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:06 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I made my rant on the Numark boards, though I am not sure it will help. I was so close to buying the NS7iii and still really want it, but why bother if it is not going to work properly?
I am considering buying anyway and then just not upgrade the firmware. If it come with the new firmware, I could just return it. Musiciansfriend currently has a rebate for a free road case for this and I also have a 12% coupon.
Any idea of an ETA from VDJ team? Is any progress being made? Anyone buy one recently and get the old firmware?
Anything I can do to assist? I am a software engineer during the week, and I have quite a bit of hardware troubleshooting and some reverse-engineering experience.

Posté Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 7:23 pm
From what I heard last week from DJdad, it is very close. Soumded like it was going to be the build released yesterday but it did not fire up the screens (nor was it in the release notes).

Possibly an early access build? I may check and see for you.

Posté Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 9:51 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks DHoude! I did see another thread where DjDad seemed very optimistic so I think I will just bite the bullet.

Posté Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 9:53 pm
59%