Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Freeze while searching in song with DDJ SZ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Situation: VDJ 8.2 build 3272, Windows 10 and Pioneer DDJ SZ connected.

Song playing in deck 2 on my headphone, while deck 1 is playing live. I push and hold the "shift" button and then use the jogwheel to scroll trough the song fast. Immediately VDJ freezes. Sound is still playing but I can't do anything anymore. Only end-task and restart VDJ is an option. I can reproduce this issue everytime.

Posté Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 2:07 pm
I will try this situation again with the newest build..

Posté Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 12:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
With the "factory default" mapping ?

Posté Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 12:23 pm
Yes, I don't have custom mappings. Used with Silversleek #3 skin.

Posté Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 2:31 pm
SHIFT+NEEDLE SEARCH is ok ?

Posté Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 2:50 pm
djdad wrote :
SHIFT+NEEDLE SEARCH is ok ?

Will try this later this evening and let you know. Never use the needle search because it's scrolling way too fast trough the song.

Posté Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 2:56 pm
Ok, I will try to explain the problem. I tested various things last weekend and I could reproduce my problem as follows:

Scenario: Song was playing on deck 1 with audio live (fader was up), song loaded and playing on deck 2 with CUE prelisten activated with audio/channel fader down.
(PS: SHIFT+Needle search is not necessary, because if audio fader isn't up, I don't have to use the shift to use needle search.)

I push down SHIFT (because scrolling goes way faster this way then without shift) and use the jogwheel to scroll trough the song. When I release the jogwheel, the song stops playing and my PLAY and CUE button don't respond anymore. When I hit Play or Cue, the lights in the buttons blink and another push make them become steady, but the song is not responding and freezed. (I can not reproduce this event with the needle search.)

A friend, who was with me as a backup, touched the jogwheel to look if the waveform would move. When he did that, the song suddenly continued playing and all my buttons where responding again.

So I tried this again.

Song on deck 1 playing live, song on deck 2 playing on my headphone, scrolling trough song 2 with SHIFT+Jogwheel, let the jogwheel, songs stops playing and VDJ does not respond to most of my midi controller buttons, just touch the jogwheel (just a tip with your finger is enough) and the song continues playing and VDJ responds again to my midi controller.

Posté Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 8:33 am
hmm maybe you released SHIFT prior releasing Jogwheel. and the up message from the Jog Touch never came .
What if you repeat SHIFT+jogwheel ans this time release jog first and then SHIFT ? Does the functionality come again ?

Posté Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 1:05 pm
Will try this and let it know..

Posté Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 1:24 pm
djdad wrote :
hmm maybe you released SHIFT prior releasing Jogwheel. and the up message from the Jog Touch never came .
What if you repeat SHIFT+jogwheel ans this time release jog first and then SHIFT ? Does the functionality come again ?

I see I have never responded on this thread but you were right. It's the moment of releasing the jogwheel / shift...
And if I released the jog/shift in the "wrong" order, just a little tap on the jogwheel and the song proceeds playing.

Solved!

Posté Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 9:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)