Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Message saying we need to buy another license

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This happened today and yesterday... We bought VDJ licensing about 2 years ago. Never had an issue except in the beginning when it kept asking us to login. Now after the new update, some of our laptops are saying we need to purchase a license or we're not licensed to use that controller. Isn't the licensing good for life?

Posté Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 4:52 pm
How many licenses have you purchased, and how many laptops are you trying to use?

Posté Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 6:07 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You really need to get in touch with support and discuss with them exactly how many systems you are running on the license(s) you have purchased, no one from the forums can direct you on this, other than to say that one purchased license will not allow you to run multiple systems on just one license.

Posté Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 12:14 am
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
One license is good for one computer and one backup machine and neither can be used at the same time.

If you are trying to operate more than one computer at the same time and you have only purchased one license, you will have trouble.

If this is not your issue, you need to contact support.

Posté Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 12:22 am
i only got one computer and keeps asking for a new license,i accepted the upgrade and this is a nightmare. how can i contac support???

Posté Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 3:19 am
Cannen wrote :
One license is good for one computer and one backup machine and neither can be used at the same time.

This is not true, you can use them both at the same time.

Posté Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 3:53 am
Vitito dj wrote :
i only got one computer and keeps asking for a new license,i accepted the upgrade and this is a nightmare. how can i contac support???

You may contact support here.

Posté Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 3:54 am
BrookPowerPlayDJ wrote :
This happened today and yesterday... We bought VDJ licensing about 2 years ago. Never had an issue except in the beginning when it kept asking us to login. Now after the new update, some of our laptops are saying we need to purchase a license or we're not licensed to use that controller. Isn't the licensing good for life?

The license is good for life, with 2 machines at the same time. If you sign into a third computer, it will log you out of one of the others. You can put it on as many computers as you want, but you can only be logged into 2 at a time. If you want to use more then 2 machines at the same time, you will indeed have to purchase more licensing.

Posté Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 4:01 am
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
A Man and His Music wrote :
[The license is good for life, with 2 machines at the same time. If you sign into a third computer, it will log you out of one of the others. You can put it on as many computers as you want, but you can only be logged into 2 at a time. If you want to use more then 2 machines at the same time, you will indeed have to purchase more licensing.

My mistake. I guess I read the terms or the license wrong. I thought it said, one machine and one backup. I had the understanding that you could only use one or the other. I thought I saw that somewhere else on the forum. Good to know though. Thanks for the info and clarification.

Posté Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 7:28 am
Cannen wrote :

If you are trying to operate more than one computer at the same time and you have only purchased one license, you will have trouble.

If this is not your issue, you need to contact support.

I used both laptops at the same time on the pro licence. I am sure its limited to two in the same place or connection or something like that.

Posté Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 2:58 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
+1 on the two laptops on the pro license.
Been using VDJ 8 nearly two years on two MacBook Pro's running at the same gig at the same time. One serves as a back-up while the other is doing most of the work. They are both connected to main sound via a mixer and if anything were to happen to the primary, all I would need to do is switch music source withing seconds. Both can go online at the same time, but I prefer to keep the main offline because at one gig about a year ago some strange glitch made a playing song seem to stutter. Research here on the forums showed many members advising that your laptop being online can (in rare circumstances) cause glitches.

Posté Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 3:57 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Cannen wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :
[The license is good for life, with 2 machines at the same time. If you sign into a third computer, it will log you out of one of the others. You can put it on as many computers as you want, but you can only be logged into 2 at a time. If you want to use more then 2 machines at the same time, you will indeed have to purchase more licensing.

My mistake. I guess I read the terms or the license wrong. I thought it said, one machine and one backup. I had the understanding that you could only use one or the other. I thought I saw that somewhere else on the forum. Good to know though. Thanks for the info and clarification.

It was like that at the very beginning of v8 but it changed in the meantime.

Posté Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 8:43 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)