Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet 8.2 b3311 new videoForceFullscreen=1 issue - other issues seem ok now

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Looks like videoForceFullscreen=1 is mostly fixed.

One new issue, when videoForceFullscreen=1 though.

1) click master video output area to bring up display
2) click it again to turn it off
3) click options to bring that up.

Options do not come up... It is hidden and since most of the VDJ is disabled now when bringing up dialogs with videoForceFullscreen=1, you are force to exit VDJ but the X button still works for that.

Also clicking in the master video area takes about 3 clicks to bring the video window back up after you have clicked it off when using videoForceFullscreen=1.

All of the above behaves correctly when using videoForceFullscreen=0

Posté Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 10:02 pm
There are more problems with this when hitting the Maximize button in VDJ when using videoForceFullscreen=1...

The video display must be up and then hit maximize button until you get resizable VDJ UI.... It is not right...

There are a few more problems with this are easy to find.... You just need to test it...

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 4:33 pm
If I click the middle diplay button to turn it of and want to bring it back up agian, nothing happens. Video is not getting back up anymore... Not that I use this, but I think it's a bug.. For the rest I am glad that most of the problems are gone !

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 5:20 pm
You have to click it 3 times to get the video back and it is a bug as mentioned above. The video display part works ok now but VDJ user interface is easy to mess up when using videoForceFullscreen=1.

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 5:35 pm
Tried that but nothing's happens, video stands still and main screen won't show any video anymore. The audio is this playing. After and vdj restart the video is useful and working again.

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 5:57 pm
The audio is still playing, I mean

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 5:58 pm
Yes strange.... There are other problems I did not mention but anyone that test it at all can find things easy. Maybe next go around there will be fewer problems to focus on :)

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 6:11 pm
is this a forcefullscreen=1 only issue?
mine are all set to =0 and I don't have (and haven't had) any issues with them opening or closing.

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 7:25 pm
Yes, just videoForceFullscreen=1 issues...

videoForceFullscreen=0 is window display mode. videoForceFullscreen=1 is hardware display mode and more efficient.

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 7:32 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Turning on/off video with VideoForceFullScreen works from the first click for me.
Also opening the options after closing video works fine.

Is this also happening when no third party plugins are selected?

Posté Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 12:28 pm
Nothing has to be running for me.... I bring up VDJ fresh no plugins, no transitions, etc.

1) - click master video output to turn display on
2) - click master video output to turn display off - normally VDJ user interface blinks on/off
3) - click options - does not come up and user interface has been disabled but X button still works

Happens almost every time but on some rare occasion it does not happen

If you bring up options first before clicking the master video output then you get different behavior and appears to work so don't do this... Do nothing except the above 3 steps. Also if you change the videoForceFullscreen setting, but sure to shut VDJ down and restart it after change.

When I was testing this again I got it to completely lock up and had to use task manager to shut down... Seems when you throw a plugin into the mix (was using slideshow) you can get it to where not even the X button works but I don't have exact steps for this..

There are a number of other things that I can also get to happen but too much to explain... focus on the above 3 steps first because that is straight forward. I don't know how widespread it might be... but occurs on the 2 machines I have here.

- both Windows 7

- one has ATI Radeon HD 5450
- one has ATI MOBILITY Radeon Xpress 200

PS: On the machine with ATI MOBILITY, I had 8.2 b3291 and tested that... It had the same problem... Then updated that machine to b3311 and had same problem

Posté Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 2:09 pm
@ Adion, tested again but with the same result. Once I click on the middle videoscreen to toggle on/off, after off I can get it on again. After a restart of VDJ is shows again. No third party plugin selected.

Posté Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 7:39 am
Hi guys, how are we getting on with b3324 in relation to the problems we've been having (above)

In my testing, I'm not seeing the video problem appear.. or if its still there its not happening almost as quick as before :)

Posté Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 1:41 am
Mark are you using videoForceFullscreen=1 ? Same problem as before for me with 3324.

Posté Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 4:22 am

Same here and the last update to b3324 gave no solution.

W10 i5-64

Graphics:
Intel HD3000
Video bios 2089.0

Posté Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 6:37 am
DJ FusiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Same problem here as Don with videoForceFullscreen=1
VideoForceFullscreen=0 is working better, but not perfect

Laptop: Asus ROG

Win10: (2.6GHz/3.6GHz Turbo Intel Core i7-4720HQ)
32GB DDR3L 1600MHz 204pin
SSD - 256GB

graphic: 3GB GDDR5 nVidia GeForce GTX 970M

Posté Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 10:55 am
With videoForceFullscreen=0, I can get the VDJ user interface to go black and it stays black and disabled. The VDJ UI will no longer draw itself. Involves ctrl-atl-del and a few other things and not as easy to do but still can do it consistently. Video and audio are still playing fine.

Posté Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 4:44 pm
You should probably be using Direct3D9Ex for your skin device. More friendly when using full screen mode. Currently you have all kinds of weird behavior which even if it worked would not be good.

I have been using Direct3D9Ex for years now. Used in TellyVisuals for it's layout tab just because of issues with full screen mode.

A couple notes about Direct3D9Ex.

o - anything managed is gone. Reason you would not want to use Direct3D9Ex for video because it would break plugins that depended on managed things. Use D3DUSAGE_DYNAMIC and D3DPOOL_DEFAULT for creating textures instead of using D3DPOOL_MANAGED.

o - use Direct3DCreate9Ex and CreateDeviceEx instead of Direct3DCreate and CreateDevice.

o - changes to get the image for skin preview. This needs improvement anyway and can also cause jitter.

Most everything else can be used the same way.

To detect if you have Direct3D9Ex use LoadLibrary on d3d9.dll and check GetProcAddress (hDirect3DLib,"Direct3DCreate9Ex"). Set a flag depending.

Direct3D9Ex is available from Vista on up. If you do not have Direct3D9Ex (XP only) then don't allow hardware full screen mode.

Posté Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 4:14 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)