Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Freaking out... Gig tonight... New skin???

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ollie LPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I recently updated to the latest virtual dj 8 and it changed the skin. Two of the custom buttons have disappeared, along with all the code that I painstakingly attached to them. I have a gig in 2 hours. I have not time to rewrite the interface. How do I get back to the previous default skin?

Posté Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 11:08 pm

Posté Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 12:54 am
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Just a word or two of advice...

NEVER update anything about your dj software or files prior to a gig. Save those things for when you have a good amount of time before your next job. That way, you can troubleshoot and fix any problems that may come up. Gives you a chance to run things through their paces.

Good luck with your gig tonight. Rock it out.

Posté Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 4:06 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
SuperAceMan wrote :
On the 8.2 skin, custom button are hidden by default. You can unhide them by going to the layout dropdown at the top of the skin (where you select the number of decks). A more detailed explanation can be found here: http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/interface/decks/decksadvanced/custombuttons.html

what he's saying is, there use to be 4 buttons on each deck and now theres 3 on each deck. AceMan, iv tried what you wrote and the 4th buttons on each deck didn't appear... on my mac

Posté Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 10:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, the new Default skin of Version 8.2 has one Custom button less, due to less available space around jogs (some space is reserved for TC, AUX and Key Panels too in case you ask). However, you have now a Custom Pad page with 8 more (+8 with SHIFT or right-click) custom buttons per deck to use, along with more Custom pads pages that you can create, so the possibilities are endless.

If for any reason you need to use the skin of ver 8.1, you can download it from here.. http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Skins/VirtualDJ%208.zip but you will lose the new Pads and Browser Zoom functionality.
Or of course use any other Custom skin that may offer 4 or more Custom buttons.

As for the "lost" scripts, if you open Settings->OPTIONS tab and search for the setting CustomButtons, you will find your scripts in the field, and you can copy-paste them to either a Pad of the Custom page (using the Pad Editor) or to an existing Custom button as a secondary action.

Posté Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 1:09 pm
Ollie LPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Thanks for all the helpful answers guys :) I had to drop the integrated lights which I usually run through VDJ and freestyler, but the crowd didn't notice as it was the first time I've played at that venue. The night was a success... And yep, never update before a gig, lesson learnt!!!

Posté Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 1:39 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
djdad wrote :
If for any reason you need to use the skin of ver 8.1, you can download it from here.. http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Skins/VirtualDJ%208.zip but you will lose the new Pads and Browser Zoom functionality.
Or of course use any other Custom skin that may offer 4 or more Custom buttons.

is this the one from DJ touchdan, DAD?

Posté Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 1:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)