Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Trouble mapping: effect select +1

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Question for the great VDJ community:

I am mapping a Behringer CMD Studio 4a and am having inconsistent results with the effect select commands. I have mapped the FX4 button as a "Shift" key successfully, and want to map Shift_FX1 (2 and 3) to perform an "effect select +1".

I have managed to map Shift_FX1 correct IE: I hit Shift_FX1 and the action is FX1 changes to the next effect in the slot.

The problem is, FX2 and FX3 bring up a menu of the effects instead of actually changing the effect.

I have tried spelling out both "effect_select +1" and "effect select +1" and I still get the menu instead of an actual effect change action.

Any thoughts?

Posté Sun 14 Aug 16 @ 8:47 pm
effect_select +1 works here mapped it on one of my controller buttons and goes forward through fx as expected

i'm on build 3343

Posté Sun 14 Aug 16 @ 9:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you post here the content of your custom xml mapping file ?

Posté Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 2:55 am
Will post the file tonight. Thank you both!

Posté Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 1:23 pm
Here it is. I removed lines that I thought weren't pertinent here.

I have managed to get both Shift_FX1 and Shift_FX3 to work, but Shift_FX2 just brings up a pop up effect menu???

Also, I have the filter mapped below, but I can't seem to make it active. The frequency changes on knob turn, but the sound doesn't change.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<mapper date="2016-08-16" version="802" author="Atomix Productions" device="BeCMDSTUDIO">

<map action="deck 1 filter_activate off & deck 2 filter_activate off & deck 3 filter_activate off & deck 4 filter_activate off" value="ONINIT"/>

<map action="deck 1 filter_activate on & deck 2 filter_activate on & deck 3 filter_activate on & deck 4 filter_activate on" value="ONEXIT"/>

<map action="shift" value="FX4"/>

<map action="effect_select 2+1 " value="SHIFT_FX2"/>

<map action="effect select +1" value="SHIFT_FX1"/>

<map action="effect_select 3 +1" value="SHIFT_FX3"/>

<map action="effect_slider 2" value="SHIFT_KNB_FX1"/>

<map action="effect_slider 2 2" value="SHIFT_KNB_FX2"/>

<map action="effect_slider 3 2" value="SHIFT_KNB_FX3"/>

<map action="filter" value="KNB_FX4"/>

</mapper>

Posté Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 4:01 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you are missing a space between 2 and +1

yours
<map action="effect_select 2+1 " value="SHIFT_FX2"/>

should read

<map action="effect_select 2 +1" value="SHIFT_FX2"/>

And of course you're getting no sound changes from adjusting the filter
<map action="deck 1 filter_activate off & deck 2 filter_activate off & deck 3 filter_activate off & deck 4 filter_activate off" value="ONINIT"/>

you're turning the filter off during ONINIT, delete the ONINIT mapping entry. [your onexit mapping is useless too]

Posté Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 4:15 am
I appreciate the help Locodog. I will give these a shot. I'm fairly new to custom mapping in VDJ, so the little details help a lot!

The filter stuff was there from The default mapping so I had no clue what to do there.

Thanks man

Posté Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 12:09 am
@locodog:
Several controllers have a switch in the middle position of the filter knob to activate/deactivate the filter
On such controllers the above script is correct since the switch activates/deactivates the filter. Also on those controllers usually the <ONEXIT> element enables filter again so that when you restart the software (without the controller plugged in) the filter works properly with the mouse on the GUI.

Posté Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 10:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In the original mapping, FX4 was mapped to filter_activate.
So the way to activate the filter was the button that you changed to shift ;)

Removing the filter_activate from ONINIT and ONEXIT would make the FX4 work all the time.

Posté Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 11:24 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)