Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Performance / lag issue with Win 10 + 64-bit Drivers

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi VDJ Team & Forum,

i have an performance issue with since i've updated to V8.2 (since may).
I use VDJ normally as Backup with my A&H Xone DB4, but i also use sometimes an Pioneer DJM-900NXS or Rane Sixty Eight mixer.
All the drivers i use are made for 64-bit system and Win-10 is also running as 64-bit OS, the OS is stored on an SSD. The computer has an i7 3rd gen, 16 GB RAM, the energy settings are set to "high-performance" and everything is optimized for Audio. My devices are connected to USB 3.0 ports on my laptop

I set up the audio settings as usual and use the ASIO drivers, e.g.: Deck 1 [ASIO Chan 1+2], Deck 2 [ASIO Chan 3+4]
VDJ runs smooth a while and then it starts to get laggy, the lag gets more and bigger, finaly its getting really really slow.
Its slow while typing into the search field, it doesn't show the covers of track i want to drag & drop into a deck, it reacts with a huge amount of lag time.
It does not depend on how much i use VDJ. As i said i run it as Backup. When i play 2 hours and search for a specific song it is already laggy, and sometimes not...

I tried this in various Setups, with all three mixers i've named above ( DB4, 900NXS, Rane 68er), i'm not able to reproduce the issue, it just starts after a while. Sometimes it appears, sometimes not.
To restart VDJ or reconnect my Mixer doesn't help, sometimes i need to restart my pc and VDJ is running smooth and fast as usually.

I tried to uninstall an reinstall the 64-bit ASIO drivers, but that seems not to help.
All system device drivers are up to date.
Windows is up to date with the latest version with all updates.
VDJ 8.2. is also up to date, but i have this isse since i've updated to version 8.2

I need help!

Posté Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 6:09 am
i wrote not clearly what i meant:

I use VDJ as backup.
Sometimes i play for hours without using VDJ. Then when i like to typ into the search field or drag & drop a song into a deck, vdj is already laggy an unusable.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 9:18 am
is your music on an external drive?
if so check to see if it is going to sleep

Posté Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 9:21 am
No it's internal 2,5" HD (not the SSD with the OS + VDJ on it).
Windows power / energy mode is on high performance. All options to save energy are disabled, as well as the turn off HDD option.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 9:43 am
any other ideas or suggestion to this topic?
Yesterday i un- and reinstalled all drivers, deleted unused drivers. I did the performance guide / tutorial from NI (which is really great). After that i ran VDJ for about 7-8 hours in automix mode and ther was no lag. As i wrote i'm note able to reproduce the issue...

Posté Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 8:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)