Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Tag Editor Bug?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I added about twenty tracks to my Music Folder. Before I transferred them into their proper locations I filled out certain fields in windows, contributing artist year etc. I then transferred the individual files into their proper folders. I opened up VDJ8.2 build 3343 to make sure all the information was correct. When I clicked on the first file and clicked on Tag Editor there was no information for the date artist etc. None of my options has changed so I was stumped. I looked back into the original file in windows and all the information I had entered (in windows explorer) was gone. I reentered it and everything was fine. I tried a new title after all this and the same thing happened. VDJ 8.2 is somehow deleting the information I am entering in my windows file. My Tag Settings in options are as follows: Get Tags auto, Read Only, Get Remix When Parsing File Names, Use Key From Tag = No. Set Tags Auto, Get Title From Tags, Get Ratings From Tags, Get Comments From Tags, Get Tags From Zip= Yes. Is this a bug or am I just being me?

Posté Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 12:48 am
mine is working fine i can tag files outside of vdj and they are read fine and nothing is erased

make sure u are tagging with id3 2.3 or 2.4 tags not sure what the windows explorer uses

you could try http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html its free and a great tagging app

Posté Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 1:04 am
Thanks I will make sure. It just started and it seemed very odd...

Posté Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 2:43 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you change the tag information outside of vdj, you have to batch reload tags in vdj after.
Otherwise vdj keeps the information that was already in it's database, and with setTagsAuto set to yes it would rewrite the data from the database to the tag as soon as any other information in the database changes.

Posté Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 6:17 am
If I get a new file I fill in the data in Windows explorer. I then open VDJ 8.2. I go to the folder the file is in and it is right on the top of the list. All the fields are blank. I click on Tag Editor and the window opens with all the tag information I entered in explorer next to an arrow. I click on the up arrow and the information is entered into the field and then appears on the VDJ browser. That is the way it has worked. But lately when I click on Tag Editor there is no information and no arrows. When I go to the file in Windows the information is gone. Now I am not the youngest person in the world but I know I entered the information, I saw the information and when I opened the folder in VDJ the information is gone. It is not a big deal for me to reenter. which works fine, but I thought it might be a bug that you did not know about!

Posté Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 6:13 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It might be related to the strange combination of getTagsAuto No, and setTagsAuto Yes
You are basically saying that vdj shouldn't bother automatically reading tags, but is free to overwrite the tags.
It would make more sense to have getTagsAuto set to Yes as well, so that on first seeing the new file the tags would be read, or setTagsAuto set to No, so that tags are only overwritten when you explicitly ask for it from the tag editor.

Posté Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 6:24 pm
Ok That makes sense, I will try it. For some reason that I can not recall at the moment I wanted to have the ability to add the file myself; probably to make sure I did not make a typo in Windows. But I can see that and change it within VDJ and it will change the Windows file. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it very much...

Posté Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 9:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)