Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet how to wire speakers

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

looking for advice on the best way to connect speakers

they are one pair of mackie srm 450 v1

one pair of mackie swa 1501 bins

one pair of mackie sr1530

all are active cheers all

Posté Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 11:20 am

Posté Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 11:25 am
The best way? I'd say you want the correct way.

Assuming you are wanting to use all those speakers at once (overkill!) then I'd suggest going from the output of your mixer (or controller's audio interface) to the inputs of the bins, then feeding the 450s from the high pass outputs and the SR1530s from the thru connections.

Put another way, the 450s are small cabs, so they'll benefit from the extra low end of the bins (and be running as mid/hi cabs). The 1530s can run as full range because they're larger and shouldn't need the bins.

If you wanted to split the system, then use either the 1530 full range (no bins) or the 450s with at least one bin.

Posté Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 11:30 am
thanks your a star its that the thru connections. on the bins to the sr1530

Posté Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 11:32 am
Yes, that's the way I'd do it.

Because the 1530s are larger 3 way cabs, then they should be fine running full range - so either straight from your mixer (when using them on their own) or via the thru outputs on the bins when (if) you use the whole system together.

You'll probably find that either the 1530s on their own or the 450s + bins are enough. Using everything at once will be too much for most gigs.

Posté Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 11:44 am
thanks again your absolutely right altogether would be to much for most occasions the only time we will probably use them all will be the next outside gig thanks have a good bank holiday

Posté Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 11:50 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)