Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Setting not staying after updates--Cue in headset- any direction dragging or playing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

V8.2 b3409
Not sure why this keeps happening but I prefer to be able to hear audio in any direction and in any mode. If I'm dragging a wave I'm looking for a cue point or a place to put one. Everytime there's an update it re-sets this and this time I cannot get it back. I want audio on, all the time forwards or backwards whether its playing or if I'm dragging it. I'll drop the fader myself but in headphones I need it on 24-7 if I'm using it. If I'm missing this somene please point me in the right direction but I have a gig in a couple hours and I can't find it this time, nothings working the way I need it to. Also if I hit the stop button , I want it to stop on that spot. If it hit it a second time then it goes back to the start point. Thats a problem too. If I could get these two back to normal soon I'd be a much happier camper. I am about to dump this for the night and go back to 7 just so i can get normal and I dont want to do that, not sure if its a bug or if its a new change either way, new updates are resetting this and that is a problem. Couple weeks ago all was fine and working the way I am used to. The last two updates, maybe 3 have changed this and I need it back the way I had it, fast and it needs to stay that way, update or not.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 12:43 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
look for the option 'smartScratch' set it to no.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 12:53 am
Did that-- no change

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 12:55 am
I dont know whether to remove and reload from start or what -- thats the point-- nothing i change is making a difference and im not sure what update this started with but ive had 3, maybe 4 in the last couple weeks, either its a bug or im completely lost and ive been with v8 since october 2014. nothing i change makes a difference

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 12:58 am
what did you do to reset this previously?

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:00 am
Same thing you just said, set smart scratch to no. this time it's not working-- when I stop a song everything in the headset is silent. if its playing in play mode i hear it fine. I need to be able to hear what I'm dragging

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:03 am
In v7 it worked no matter what you did dragging forward backwards whatever-- thats what i need and i need it to stay that way. this is the first time ive had this issue.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:04 am
I also tried restting everything to defaults and starting over-- same thing-- i can set anything but smart scratch settings do nothing

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:05 am
as i say id do an uninstall reinstall and i have music backed up-- i could fake that cause i know the library-- but this is the first time ive had settings that were not working or changing things at all

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not quite understood what your issue is, but probably you mean that the Deck going to your headphones is changed every time you touch the waves or scratch with the jogwheels or load a track ? If that is the case, then AutoHeadphones Setting should be to No.

As for the "STOP" button, if you want to pause the track at the current position, then change the Play button behavior to Play/Pause and use the PLAY button. The Stop button indeed is cycling though the available Cues if the track is stopped . This was always like that, even in version 7.
The only case you can have the track paused at the current position no matter how many times you press that, is to assign a custom button as .. pause

If thats not the issue, please explain further.

BTW, are you using some hardware controller, or is this issue with just mouse and keyboard ?

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:12 am
Ok let me rewind-- theres a few settings i have lost total control of. I am an old analog dog. I need this to run like vinyl; If i am in cue listening to headphones, then i want it on all the time whether its paused stopped or playing-- i need that audio in the headset all the time-- i will select the deck i want to listen to and will fade the fader i need to kill while I am cuing-- think--->just like vinyl in cue or audition mode. live all the time any direction whether dragging or playing. auto pfl is a bonus-- we didnt have that in vinyl days but ill take it-- that part is working fine but tonight for the first time ever I cannot hear a track while dragging in the headset OR on main mix. the only thing thats changed ion the last two weeks is updates.....might be-- could be a bug.. never seen ANY version of virtual ( or pcdj ) do this that I could not change.

The other thing and this is just an annoyance and maybe should be a separate topic-- when you set something in search at the top-- most used settings or all settings-- it should ( would be nice) if it stayed where you used it last. i prefer ALL settings every time.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:30 am
If i was some glorified noob it would be different but ive been pro gigging since 74 and built my first mixer from scratch. this has been working flawlessly since october 2014 on this rig and tonight it dont and the only thing thats changed is virtual updates-nothing i do changes anything-- you tell me whats going on.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:36 am
better yet-- give me a cure-- ill be back once i get to my gig-- need to drive right now.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:37 am
your build number would help too

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:39 am
and oh by the way -- no i dont use a controller--i run this on an allen and heath QU16 in asio mode and it runs like water...never had a problem til tonight

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:40 am
look at the top v8.2 b3409

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 1:40 am
Ok so Im at the gig-- mass of humanity and doing an open mic /general noise night and all is well except i still cant hear anything in cue (pfl) mode unless its in "play" mode. I'm 10 minutes from wiping this and going back to v7 so I know I'll get paid tonight. Anyone got any ideas yet or do i have a confirmed bug?

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 2:02 am
nada, same thing-- looks like whatever changed wont let it go back. Im going to v7 --look- I have been in this business all my life and started in 74, i play 7 different instruments and worked 35 years in pro radio as a chief engineer /music director and am always in a bar on weekends. I love all the features in v8 but most of all I love the audio and response on a really good asio build-- but the bottom line is this-no matter what you run or what operating system or digital or analog system or pro, semi pro, broadcast or live,- it takes two players, two faders, and two headphone switches to do what we do. and when you are locked into a player in your headphones you need to hear EVERYTHING.. no matter what mode of operation, play, stop or pause that player may be in at that moment -- its up to the user to control what hits the audience-- its up to you to chose what you are looking for in cue ode and if thats not working-- your on the bus-- i usually drive a caddilac, tonight im going back to v7 -- should be fun -- v7 and win 7 paid my bills and bought me a car and a house.
I could write a book, most of you would be in it, ( at 56 hair dye and condoms help boys)-- bottom line-- the added features are nice but if the basics are lost or not reliable, your still out of work, or settling for less. Im 99% sure this is a bug. I'll sort it out tommorrow, right now I got a job to do and noise to make and please dont make me take home a check on a pair of winamps.......good luck to all that are gigging tonight-- we will settle this during the upcoming week. on to v7

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 2:34 am
You say you're dragging - but what and where are you dragging?

I assume you mean that you're dragging a waveform back and forth. Where? How?

FYI you can't drag the large rhythm wave (top of the screen) back and forth in VDJ 8 and hear audio like you could in VDJ 7 and below.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 12:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)