Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet AKAI LPD8 - VDJ 8 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the LDP8 mapping correct for VDJ 8 please? What i need is the pads to control sampler pads, slicer,effects etc and the knobs to control volume of samples and effects.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 2:03 pm
Ill pull mine out tonight and see if I can help.

Maybe someone will chime in sooner though.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 3:10 pm
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posté Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 5:45 pm
tried that didn't really work with VDJ 8, hence i posted

Posté Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 5:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What you ask is too generic.
Actions you can use :
pad x
(where x is 1 to 8) will control the pad x of the selected pad page
pad_page 'PageName' will select the Page named 'PageName'

effect_active , effect_select -1/+1 will trigger the selected effect and select the previous/next one
effect_slider x (where x is the Parameter number) will adjust the x Parameter of the selected effect

Keep in mind that even if the LPD8 has 8 buttons and in theory its the ideal controller to control Pads of VirtualDJ, the side buttons and the PROGRAM (Layers) dont send MIDI so you really cant be used to select Pad pages,.

So if you need further details and assistance, you will have to think first of what specifically those buttons need to do and come back. E.g i need the PROG1 8 buttons to do this, PROG2 buttons to do that etc, top 4 knobs t do the other and so on.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 5:50 pm
apologise for my vagueness, basically what i need is what moramax has created for VDJ 7 but i dont need 4 programs 3 is fine since looping i wanna do in the controller.

PROGRAM 1: AUDIO EFFECTS
PROGRAM 2: SLICER
PROGRAM 3: SAMPLER

Program 1

PAD 1=Backspin
PAD 2=Beatgrid
PAD 3=Brake
PAD 4=Echo
PAD 5=Flanger
PAD 6=Flippin double
PAD 7=Phaser
PAD 8=Reverb

K1= EFFECT PARAMETER 1 LEFT DECK
K2= EFFECT PARAMETER 2 LEFT DECK
K3= EFFECT PARAMETER 3 LEFT DECK
K4= EFFECT PARAMETER 4 LEFT DECK
K5= EFFECT PARAMETER 1 RIGHT DECK
K6= EFFECT PARAMETER 2 RIGHT DECK
K7= EFFECT PARAMETER 3 RIGHT DECK
K8= EFFECT PARAMETER 4 RIGHT DECK

Program 2 Slicer

with basically the same controls as effects if possible

Program 3 Sampler

PAD 1= Sampler bank 1
PAD 2= Sampler bank 2
PAD 3= Sampler bank 3
PAD 4= Sampler bank 4
PAD 5= Samples bank 5
PAD 6= Samples bank 6
PAD 7= Samples bank 7
PAD 8= Samples bank 8

K1= sampler volume bank 5
K2= sampler volume bank 6
K3= sampler volume bank 7
K4= sampler volume bank 8
K5= sampler volume bank 1
K6= sampler volume bank 2
K7= sampler volume bank 3
K8= sampler volume bank 4

thanks
chad

Posté Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 6:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Why dont you use the Moramax mapping then ?

If it doesnt work at all, do this...
Open the AKAY LPD8.xml from /Devices folder with a Text Editor
Edit the 2nd line ..
from
<device name="AKAY LPD8" ......
to
<device name="AKAY LPD8" description="AKAI LPD8" ......
Save the file
Rename the file AKAY LPD_MAPPERS.xml from /Mappers folder to AKAI LPD8 mapping.xml
Save file
Open VirtualDJ

Posté Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 6:21 pm
actually i tried that as well. and it did work just now but it does random things for some reason and not the correct mapped things.. plus it doesn't have the slicer set in.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 6:29 pm
any updates on this,

Posté Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 2:58 pm
so the lpd 8 doesnt seem to be sending the values as mapped or as default so i am taking a crack at this my self.

i am programming the slicer in, however i want the buttons to work on the active deck, how do i script this.

currently i have just have a simple map PROG1_PAD5CC = Slicer 1, this only hits slicer 1 on the left deck all the time, what i want is if the song is playing on the left deck then slicer 1 on the left deck, if its on the right then slicer 1 on the right. like play on the active deck.

Posté Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 11:03 pm
anyone knows how to do this?

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 5:41 pm
i see someone has updated, but i cant see the comment :(

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 3:06 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Annoying that isn't it? XD

Didn't I send you a updated mapping? I never got a straight answer if it worked. Only some vague reply that you couldn't change the program which is nothing to do with vdj mapping itself.

If it worked I was going to publish it.

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 3:53 am
Sorry sir i was busy with work and some wedding i had to do :), so the issue is that the mapping doesnt work at all except for prog1, and part of the issue at least what i found is that the all the mapping you have there does not really register when i go to VDJ mapping and press a pad or twist the knobs, and that is why your mapping is not working..

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 1:58 pm
when i turn the knobs it registers as prog1_padcc1 and not K1, so things like that, i am guessing without a unit with you its gonna be very difficult to figure it out, what i am trying to do is to get it to work for simple things like the slicer. hence my question on the active deck :)

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 1:59 pm
I have no idea when it comes to mapping, but what i can tell you is that the "tab" key on your keyboard will toggle between which deck is active. I'm trying to map something else at the minute with limited knowledge. I am interested in what the actual script is though too, so I can stop using the tab key.

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 2:14 pm
The actual script

select

this will cycle round the decks, or you can specify a deck.

deck 1 select

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 2:32 pm
so in my case is it

prog1_paddcc1 = Select slicer 1 ?

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 2:36 pm
No, select just cycles the default deck, usually a script that doesn't specify a deck or isn't a button tied to a deck in the def file (as is the case with the lpd 8), will perform the action on the selected/default deck.

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 2:48 pm
Locodog. Is there a script which toggles the active deck based on the crossfader position? is this possible? Not meaning to hijack this thread but think this might help both of us.

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 2:54 pm
61%