Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet If you are a Video DJ and experiencing crashes, please watch! [SOLVED]

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I posted an issue earlier, but I don't think Video users realize this could be the issue for your crashes. It took me 4 days of tweaking and uninstalling/reinstalling VDJ before I stumbled across this issue. Captured it on camera.

https://youtu.be/cNd4tS9dWqM

I couldn't get the crash with audio files.
Hope it helps some of you who are crashing.

Posté Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 3:06 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I will support you and say that the only crashes I have ever had with VDJ seem to be Automix and AOV related. I will try and test this myself tonight. But I never eject songs from a deck.

Also in your video the crash seems to happen when you load a song, and not eject it. Does the same crash happen with AOV when you don't eject each song? In other words, just keep dragging song after song on the second deck and see if it still crashes. If so this could very well be the same behavior that causes my Automix issues.

I have a personal interest as well. I want to contribute to this if I can. But I don't get off work until later.

Posté Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 4:19 pm
Haven't tried to crash it without unloading the deck first. I have a feeling that it just crashes when the plugin initializes and then gets turned off when using AOV. I did do a test of turning on and off a plugin from the skin because I thought it was an issue with Milkdrop, but it also crashed with the other VDJ plugins. Did mad clicking with no crash. It seems to be related to only AOV on my systems.

Posté Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 4:52 pm
The issue will be fixed in VDJ 8.2 b 3462. Thanks VDJ Team and @djdad for the fix.

Posté Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 6:36 pm
I think you may be onto something there. I watched again and you loaded allot of videos. So AOV would not be running. You loaded an Audio only song, then crash.

Mine may be unrelated. I mix music videos all the time. All my crashes have been on Automix. But it seems like at some point between tracks, VDJ seems to do a similar function of unload played song and load new song. Which is very similar to what you are doing, just automated. VDJ rarely crashes but every time it has it has been an Automix thing. I only use Automix for dinner, so I am never playing videos. Which means AOV is running in some form.

I even had a Blue screen a few weeks back that looked like my NS7iii (in Blue screen viewer). But I was in Automix for dinner music. It just went quiet between songs. I looked over and Blue screen. So it is anybody's guess now. I am sure AOV was running. I will say that I was activating some effects over top of everything but on my second deck and not the master. either way, not trying to hijack here, just see if we can both isolate our issues.

Posté Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 6:37 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Erm, have the devs sanctioned this "solved" rather misleading for a user to self profess that a "bug" has being found and a remedy put in place. Not being funny but it should be left to a dev to clarify such things.

Posté Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 7:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
User posted here before seeing his reply in the Ticket (was way faster than us) and in most of the cases, you know we dont post info about next Build. But since he posted i thought i should mark that as Solved.
It is solved for the user, since we provided him a test build and confirmed fix. Would you prefer something like [WILL BE SOLVED] ? or maybe [WILL BE SOLVED IN NEXT BUILD] or maybe something like [FIX WILL BE AVAILABLE IN NEXT BUILD] ?
Can change it for you.

Come on guys, please let us handle the Forums if no trouble for you

Posté Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 8:02 pm
Very sorry for the confusion today. I was just trying to help the community by addressing an issue that might be the source of crashes for some. The VDJ Team was quick to respond today, but the ticket was put in last weekend before the source of the problem was found. I was left helpless as I approached my weekend gigs that start tomorrow night.
Once I stumbled into what was crashing the program (and it was a fluke that I found it), I felt I should post to keep others who might have the same issue from crashing. I was beating my head against the wall, working on my laptop, then my controller and I could not figure out what was going on. I never would have thought to look at the AOV setting and I was ready to jump to another software for the weekend until I could get VDJ to stop crashing. AND TRUST ME... I did not look forward to using anything but VDJ. LOL.
VDJ and it's team are the best! Sometimes it takes a community to work together on some things.
Never meant any harm... sorry.

Posté Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 8:34 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
And that's why I said "not being funny either" it was just unusual to see a thread with [solved] in it's header without a member of the team posting in it's thread, no offense was intended to you either.

@djdad you do what you need to do, but please remember treat everyone the same when someone else checks a thread for it's authenticity of claim or whatever. I can point you to a few posts that you may ask the same question... just saying.

Posté Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 9:18 pm
Glad the OP is set. Still trying to chase a similar situation. What was more specifically was found?

Posté Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 11:54 pm
Im guessing this isn't happening on a Mac Im running video and audio all the time and never seen this happen

Posté Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 5:52 am
nxgn1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Awesome to see this getting fixed. Until it does I will be forced to my previous DJ software. Is there a version previously that does not have this issue that I could use. Ran 12 hours of straight video as soon as I added audio only songs with milk drop had it halt and keep playing. Did it again and program crashed and restarted. I do mainly weddings so for me this is a killer issue.

Posté Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 5:48 pm
nxgn1 wrote :
Awesome to see this getting fixed. Until it does I will be forced to my previous DJ software. Is there a version previously that does not have this issue that I could use. Ran 12 hours of straight video as soon as I added audio only songs with milk drop had it halt and keep playing. Did it again and program crashed and restarted. I do mainly weddings so for me this is a killer issue.

Simply dont use audiovisualonly (till its fixed). Set the desired visual effect for your audio as deck effects.

Posté Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 11:41 pm
Just to update everyone...
I ran the same testing that crashed my system before. Early access build 3471 fixed the issue with AudioOnlyVisualization.
Happy DJing everyone and thank you VDJ Team for being the best!

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 2:03 am
nxgn1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Does anyone know when there will be a general release to the public. I'm always a little uneasy about running a early access. I do weddings so I'm always a little paranoid when it comes to this stuff.

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 11:29 am
Probably Sunday. It is always Sunday-Monday so that you don't use untested builds on your weekend gigs.

Personally, I would run it for a crash like this. But do it now and test the hell out of it this week. You can always get previous builds here

http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Also once you get the Early update, turn it back off immediately before you forget.

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 1:13 pm
i used 3471 yesterday and no issues regarding AOV

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 9:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)