Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Behringer CMD DV-1 has horrible midi configuration.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just purchased one today and was about to set it up to my own custom midi configuration to only find out it's impossible...

1. FX1-4 (both rows of buttons) isn't recognize in the software.
2. Focus, Master, and Double buttons are also not recognized.
3. The only configuration that works is the one that Virtual DJ provides...

Why can't I configure each button itself?

Posté Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 7:28 pm
So after some digging around it's not Atomix's fault about the mapping. Its the device that is wonky when it comes to it.

Posté Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 4:34 pm
Hi, yes, the mapping is a bit strange but it's nice to have so many features tied up within the buttons, l mean, it's not just 1 button : 1 feature.

For example, with the FX buttons, if you press "Focus" and then "A", you can then specify FX1, FX2, FX3 i.e. select an FX slot (make sure you have the skin which displays 3 FX slots per deck), and then you can twiddle the dials to change the parameter of each FX slot. For example, the first dial will select an FX for that FX slot, and the next 3 dials will change 3 dials for that FX - too bad if your FX has 4 dials though :)

Sadly, for both of the rows of FX buttons on the CMD DV-1, they change the same deck only :-/

Of course, you can go into the Controller settings and change the MIDI actions by hand. Check out my thread here, where l give a few other possible action commands (you should find more from the drop down menus in the Controller settings window on VDJ): https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/213667/VirtualDJ_8_2_Technical_Support/Re-Mapping_part_of_Behringer_CMD_DV-1.html

I adopted the action commands from the Akai APC Mini controiller. I have yet to apply them to the CMD DV-1. Should work though ;)

Posté Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 1:02 am
Edit: not sure what l meant by all that "Focus" button stuff, forget that. Just check out the aforementioned thread of mine, and your problems will be answered.

As for FX buttons doing nothing to the FX, you need to press the right buttons. Also, you need to be able to view the FX slots (choose a skin which shows the FX in multiple slots per deck, when you press the Effects tab on the GUI), so that you can verify what exactly each button press / dial turn is doing.

Natively, the FX buttons do indeed link up to FX, but only on one deck l think? But l've now solved this. Check that link to my thread.

Posté Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 10:44 pm
I have a DC1 and ran into a similar issue with the odd mapping, I got the definition from VDJ7 and installed it and added 'force-' to the file name and use that instead, it opened up the device in a far more usable way. In the VDJ8 definition the DC1 is a four channel controller and in the VDJ7 def it's a single channel controller which you can then remap for 2 channels.

Posté Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 9:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No matter how a controller is defineds (as single, dual or 4 decks) , you can still use the same default definition and only adjust the mapping.
E.g. 4 buttons trigger PLAY on each deck and you wish to make 2 of them act like PLAY (for left-right deck) and the other 2 as loop buttons for the same decks.
You just need to query from which deck the button is called and provide the action you need.
E.g.
action_deck 1 ? deck left play_pause : action_deck 2 ? deck right play_pause : action_deck 3 ? deck left loop : deck right loop

Posté Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 5:36 pm
Thank you for the tips guys! It's much appreciated! I've been working on getting a bunch of these modules to upgrade my gear.

2 CMD PL-1
1 CMD MM-1
1 CMD DC-1
2 CMD DV-1

This is the setup I plan to make, but I'm not sure if it's worth it by the weird midi setup.

Posté Thu 17 Nov 16 @ 3:17 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)