Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ 8 Sampler distortion when set to "loop" and Sync-lock, any ideas to fix?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

quick background : I am so behind on VDJ8 lol, had a couple of issues with it when it first came out so I have been just sticking with VDJ7, but I finally bought a new Laptop so I decided to give VDJ 8 another try..

Everything works fine except when I play a sample that has the "Sync-lock" turned on (does the same thing no matter where the sample came from)
Sounds fine when set to "flat" but if I use the other ones (sync-lock, sync-start etc ) a horrible distortion comes out instead..

I havent done any major troubleshooting yet , just wanted to post this first in case this was a known thing and maybe had a simple fix..

its a brand new ASUS gaming laptop (PC) connected to a CMD Studio 4A (not my working/performance system , I just use the behringer for playing around at home, and for my kid to use)

thanx (all comments/help appreciated)

Posté Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 7:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What BPM does the loaded track have, that the Sampler uses to sync with ?
and what BPM do the triggered Samples have ?

Posté Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 2:43 pm

Posté Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 4:29 pm
djdad wrote :
What BPM does the loaded track have, that the Sampler uses to sync with ?
and what BPM do the triggered Samples have ?

All over the place.. Every single Sample distorts if the sync-lock is turned on.
I even tried recording a sample (the song I sampled was at 120 bpm) , the sample correctly said 120 bpm.. I then played the original then the sample.. still the same distortion..

Posté Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 9:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is pitchquality set to?

Posté Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 1:17 am
so I installed VDJ 8 on my desktop computer to see if it does the same thing..
????
nope! the sampler works normal! WTF??

so now I need to figure out why the very expensive gamer and brand new laptop has issues but my old desktop computer sounds fine.. :-( :-(

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 6:44 pm
Adion wrote :
What is pitchquality set to?

it is set to "2" on both the laptop and desktop

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 7:43 pm
WTF!! lmao!
so I setup up the laptop next to my desktop so I can compare settings etc..
tested one of the know samples that was distorting..
flipped it too "loop" and "sync-lock" in the sample editor..
loaded a track into deck 1 and played the sample..

no distortion!!

only thing I changed on the laptop was on the Latency setting it said "automatic" but it had a number beside it (the fresh install on my desktop said automatic but did NOT have a number beside it) So I edited the setting to just say automatic..

sooo.... now I wonder if this has something to do with the controller with its built in soundcard? (and ASIO??) I dont remember changing this setting..
but now my next step is to reconnect the controller to the laptop and see if it still happens.

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 8:21 pm
ok.. connected the controller (with built in sound card) and the problem came back..
and as I was troubleshooting VDJ seized up and the laptop crashed hard.. quote "bad_pool_caller" ..
ok.. thats a little scary..

restarted.. added song to deck .. played the sampler.. crashed again.. augh!!

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 8:57 pm
well. connected the mixer to my desktop (installed the CMDstudio ASIO driver 1.7.0)
increased the ASIO buffer up to max (as I did this on the laptop too)
added song to deck.. works fine..
played a sample.. and it crashed.. (I cant even close VDJ8 )

wow. i just recovered from the blue screen of death (went to task manager to close VDJ and hit blue screen)
same error as above..
BTW I am running windows 10 on my laptop and windows 7 on my desktop.

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 9:46 pm
OK!!! found out what I fracked up there..
ASIO driver latency CAN NOT.. i repeat CAN NOT be set to high.. I'm completely guessing here but it seems to set off some fracked up buffer overrun or something and blue screen!

after the 2nd restart I set it back to "mid" IE: 23 ms and it stopped crashing..

now to go back to the laptop and see if I can repeat this :-)
(of course windows decided now was a good time to do updates.. so I will have to wait a bit.. need to remember to figure out how to turn that off in windows 10)

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 10:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Set your net connection to metered is the basic way,
stopping WindowsUpdateService is the nuke the site from orbit method.

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 10:12 pm
So.. it looks like I fixed.. to be honest I am not even entirely sure how I fixed it but I got it working now..
Samples on the laptop now work normally, no distortion.

irony of this whole thing is Windows did a major update on my laptop.. which then broke the software that runs the mousepad.. had to go to asustek and download a few things to get the mousepad working again.. in a specific order otherwise it wouldnt work..
I find it funny cause it just goes to show that no matter how new things get.. the same crap still happens lmao..

sometimes I really hate computers lmao

Posté Sun 13 Nov 16 @ 5:30 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)