Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet MacBook Pro- Latest update causing glitching - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi there. Has anyone else been experiencing glitching lately on their MacBook Pro? Virtual DJ will inconsistently glitch (sound and all) in the middle of a track. Is there a reason for this? How do I stop it? Does it have something to do with a latest update because this hasn't always been an issue?

Posté Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 12:00 am
I have the same problem and it started with the OS Sierra update...I reinstalled VDJ 8.2 three times and it is still glitching/blinking/flashing!
HELP please!

Posté Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 6:20 pm
Same here...made a post ..but no help..i thought it was just me till i saw this post..

Posté Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 6:35 pm
BraenzuPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2007

Posté Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 6:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Braenzu wrote :
https://youtu.be/-_e9LYT49HY

https://youtu.be/cQCZ_ebb0T0

videos from jeffgrun

Braenzu

It looks like the entire screen is flashing, not just virtualdj?

Posté Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 3:42 am
Adion wrote :
Braenzu wrote :
https://youtu.be/-_e9LYT49HY

https://youtu.be/cQCZ_ebb0T0

videos from jeffgrun

Braenzu

It looks like the entire screen is flashing, not just virtualdj?

thats whats happining (the whole screen flickers) but only in vdj..not ableton, serato ,itunes ,my cs3 suite..only when running vdj,so thats why it has to be something in the program
I downloadede vdj 7.4.2 and its running so far..also it does it more on my back up computer running osx 10.7.5 than it does on my main computer running 10.10,5

Posté Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 3:55 pm
looking at purchasing a new computer soon maybe 15 or 17 ..both my macs are intel core 2 dou ..
i own the kontrol z2 and was having problems with the mixer so they(native instruments) had me download a test or something that i had to email back and I was told that the computer was too old to run the latest traktor update (not that i wanted to use that ..i have my mixer mapped to vdj lol) but after reverting my backup to vdj 7 on my older backup computer and so far so good , im thinking maybe it is the newer updates are not that compatible or causing something to run harder on these macbooks

Posté Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 4:05 pm
I can confirm on osx 10.7.5, on my macbook I'm still on vdj 8 build 2857 because of gfx issues,scratchwaves not showing, and blurred text on setup window...

Posté Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 7:04 pm
Hi Adion,
Here is what I know so far as I took these videos of my screen:
- I have a Mac Book Pro from 2015...15,4 / 2.5 GHZ/ 16 GB/ 512 GB with an Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB...so definitely not a minimum requirement issue!
- VDJ 8.2 was running fine before I updated to OS Sierra in November.
- I have reinstalled VDJ 8.2 3 times without any success ...it seems even more unstable when I don't add my personal settings.
- The glitching/flashing only starts after 30 seconds or so, VDJ is stable when I open it but starts flashing after 30/40 seconds!
- It is difficult to say if the whole screen flashes or only VDJ, because when I reduce the skin size, the problem tends to disappear or flash less (when the the size of the skin reaches half my screen, it seems that VDJ is stable even when loading multiple songs. Having said that, it is quite small, so I can not be 100% sure, but it is probably a good lead to follow...)
- Finally, it is related to a problem between Sierra and VDJ 8,2 for sure as I have DJAY Pro on my laptop also and it is as stable as before.
I hope this seriously helps as I have a big gig on NYE and need to use VDJ !!!
Thanks,
Jeff

Posté Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 10:03 pm
Hi Adion,
So I just completed the OS Sierra update and no changes...I will try to reinstall VDJ 8.2 tomorrow to see if it gets any better...

Having said that, I followed up on my lead of yesterday and here are my findings :

- When I have VDJ's skin taking the full screen, the skin will shake more or less constantly and will have big "flashes" as shown in my videos.
- When I reduce VDJ's skin to about 60% of the screen, it will continue to shake but without big "flashes"
- When I reduce VDJ's skin to about 40% of the screen, it is stable

I hope this helps.
Cheers, Jeff

Posté Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 9:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have you tried to Repair using ColorSync Utility ? Any errors came up ?

Posté Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 12:28 am
Hi djdad,
No, I haven't tried that as I am not sure how to do it...could you please run me through the steps?
I have now reinstalled VDJ 8.2 after the macOS Sierra update 10.12.2 and the problem remains the same...glitching and flashing!

Posté Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 12:25 pm
Hi djdad,
I actually just verified the ColorSync Utility file and no problem was found...so no repair possible. Thanks for the lead but it is definitely something else.
Cheers

Posté Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 2:51 pm
Could you try if Changing skinFps makes a difference? (either lower like 15 or higher like 60)

Posté Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 3:57 pm
Great call Adion,
Going down from 30 to 15 makes the skin even more unstable, but going to 60 seems to make it quite stable. I am saying "seems" because I need to do a longer test tomorrow or over the w-e with my midi controller.
Can I leave the PFS at 60 or is there any impact/risk for the software...not sure what it means exactly.
Thanks

Posté Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 4:08 pm
It means that the graphics will refresh more often. This will use a little more cpu/gpu power, but otherwise shouldn't have any negative effects on a modern laptop.

Posté Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 4:59 pm
Great Adion, I will then leave on 60 and will test it this w-e!
Thanks a million and let me know if find another solution in your next updates.
Cheers

Posté Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 5:12 pm
Hi Adion,
I have updated now to High Sierra and it seems that my screen is flashing again as before. My PFS are set up at 60 and the problem seems to be limited when I go to 80 ...how high can I go without affecting the performance of the CPU?
Thanks,
Jeff

Posté Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 12:19 pm
Most monitors (and I think all macbook pro's) run the screen at 60Hz, so there shouldn't be any difference between 60 or any higher value.

Posté Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 12:44 pm
...you are right, I tried again with 200 and the screen kept glitching ...any idea on how to resolve this issue? Thanks

Posté Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 12:54 pm
83%