Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Add "Mark as played" to History items

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

In the History folder where our playlists are stored, I'd like to see a "Mark as played" option for the entire playlist. I have to shut down VirtualDJ to make changes to my PreSonus ASIO settings, and this would be extremely helpful in this case. I have to shut down VirtualDJ, make my changes, and start it back up again. Currently, I have to choose the History folder, select the item, go to the tracks, select all, and then Mark as played. Inevitably if I'm doing this it is because of a problem I have in the middle of a show, and time is of the essence. Saving these few extra steps would be helpful. Thanks!

Posté Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 3:52 am
It's already there (unless I'm missing something). Go to history file, click CTRL+A (or select the tracks you want) then right click .....

Posté Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 6:02 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you save time is critical, it isn't, you don't have to do this right away after restart,

Posté Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 7:42 am
kradcliffe wrote :
It's already there (unless I'm missing something). Go to history file, click CTRL+A (or select the tracks you want) then right click .....

I mentioned in my original post that I'd like to eliminate the extra clicks required in selecting the history file, activating the file browser, and pressing Ctrl+A. "Mark as played' should be an item in the context menu of playlists, just like Rename and Delete.

locodog wrote :
you save time is critical, it isn't, you don't have to do this right away after restart,

Time is always critical when you're a DJ. Frequently I'll have people waiting on me, to put requests in and so on. Even when I don't have people waiting, the more efficiently I can do my job and the less steps it takes me to get somewhere, the more likely I am to use one tool over another (VirtualDJ vs. other software in this case).

Posté Sun 18 Dec 16 @ 5:13 am
Me too, I would like the ability to replace multiple clicks with one keyboard shortcut.
For some reason VDJ does not provide that ability for 'Mark As Played', you have to either play the song or right click.

Posté Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 8:58 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Strange enough indeed
"get_browsed_song alreadyplayed "
exist but
"browsed_song alreadyplayed true"
"browsed_song alreadyplayed false"
is not allowed

same for some other fields .. specially Singer and "Key Change"

Posté Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 9:18 pm
Thanks Nicotux, I tried to create a keyboard shortcut with "browsed_song 'Already Played' 1" to no avail.
Is there a glossary of all vdjscript commands somewhere? Full documentation!

VirtualDJ.com has only partial documentation on commands and options.

Posté Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 11:41 pm

Posté Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 12:25 am
Nicotux, thanks for the extensive field list. 'Artist' gave me hard time until I found on version 7's documentation that is 'Author' instead. I like to use key mappings to save right clicks, for example to search song on different tags:

search_options 'Title' on & search_options 'Author' on & search_options 'User1' off & search_options 'User2' off & search_options 'Genre' off

Another one was when sorting in descending order. No where in the VDJ documentation the keyword 'invert' is mentioned. For example '...sort by bpm invert'. In another database languages they use 'ascending' or 'descending' but not VDJ. I love the product but it has very sloppy incomplete programming documentation.

Posté Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 2:50 pm
Its not necessarily made to be as "database language" requiring a programming PhD to use queries..
Rather as "plain English" as possible.. . and "short handed" as possible so dont have to fill out extensive text to achieve simple things

browser_sort "+bpm" (or -bpm)

And documentation for most all things you can see right where you add script

Posté Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 3:18 pm
in addition a leading '+' or "-' ("+Field" and "-Field") can be used to specify ascending and descending when using browser_sort

'Artist' <=> 'Author' ... was knowning this for years... but forgot it. needed some help recently with it thanks ^^ Adion ;)

Posté Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 3:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)