Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Can I have some advice about mixing edm?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi everyone,

So I like House, EDM, some pop songs and a bit of DnB. I want to make a part of one song go with the bass drops of another and vice versa.
How do I mix EDM and how do I make it sound good?
P.S. I have a Numark Party Mix and VDJ LE, so don't give me features that are on a mixtrack pro or a nv (lol)

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 3:54 pm

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 4:14 pm
Thank you.

I read through that a few times as well so I should be able to apply it, only thing is that their description is more for House (I also like House, so this should be veey useful) and Trance so applying it to EDM is going to take some effort. However, I'm still going to try and learn

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 4:21 pm
Also do you know of any youtube videos that can help more? I think I do better when I can visually see what's going on XD

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 4:21 pm
Im my opinion its just practice and trying things. When i started out i was pressing the sync button and then crossfading, then started trying with crossfader in the middle, have all eq killed on incoming deck and then mixing by bringing each band in one at a time while fading the other out. Then trying by using the filters, then trying to echo one out and another in, theres loads of different ways, some work for some songs, others work for others. I would recommend a controller and license though, I wouldn't want to have to try and do it with a mouse, but that's just me.

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 4:38 pm
Thanks again.
I guess practise makes perfect right. I'm going to try and learn more of the features of VDJ and what my Party Mix can do.

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 4:49 pm
If you are not already aware, check out ellaskins the DJ Tutor on YouTube.

He has loads of videos on DJing, going from beginner stuff to advanced.

.....and don't get too hung up on genres. Mixing is mixing. It doesn't matter what the genre is.

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 6:35 pm
Thanks for giving me their channel, I will look at it asap.
I'm going to mix a few different genres - edm, house, dnb, deep house, maybe even some neurofunk

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 8:05 pm
I think you need to read this.

EDM = Electronic Dance Music. All the genres you listed = dance music made electronically.

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 8:11 pm
Ngl, that article is a bit confusing. EDM does tie in with those genres yes but I didn't say they were the same thing.

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 8:18 pm

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 8:23 pm
That's why one person can say they like EDM and another can two, but two very different sub-genres. I guess I understand it more now

Posté Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 8:32 pm
davesheaControlleristMember since 2014
Most EDM tracks will have intros and outros that makes things a lot easier. You have to learn your tracks, you have to learn what track will go with what. Plan your set list.

Posté Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 3:40 pm
BPM is also a big factor. If you try and mix tracks 30bpm apart that could sound not so good. I've mixed tracks 10 BPM apart: 5 up on the slower one, 5 down on the faster one, smooth transition, and slowly restore the original BPM during the length of the track.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 2:16 am
Thanks to the both of you, that should be very helpful :)

Posté Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 10:04 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)