Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet CBR mp3 v VBR mp3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I like to buy my mp3's from Amazon.
But..the thing is they often supply VBR mp3's.
VBR mp3's cause all sorts of problems with all sorts of software, hence change them to 320kb/s CBR mp3, or lossless as quickly as possible.
VBR mp3 is almost useless.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 1:48 am
I use the .m4a container. Better than .mp3.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 3:42 am
bigron1 wrote :
hence change them to 320kb/s CBR mp3, or lossless as quickly as possible.
VBR mp3 is almost useless.

You cannot change a mp3 to lossless, you have already lost the information at the point it was made an mp3 file.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 8:39 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There shouldn't be any problem with vbr mp3 in vdj. Only thing you might see is the length is not correct before analyzing.
But after analyzing or loading once that will be corrected as well.

If you have the choice, downloading the songs as mp4 is better of course, but I don't know if Amazon offers that

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 9:06 am
Andy7689 wrote :
You cannot change a mp3 to lossless, you have already lost the information at the point it was made an mp3 file.

Just to correct myself before someone points it out, you can change the file type to a lossless one, but it doesn't become lossless.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 9:58 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Andy7689 wrote :
you can change the file type to a lossless one

What circumstance would prompt one to change file type from mp3 to a lossless, knowing that the file type size would increases without any improved quality?

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 11:10 am
Almost correct Andy..it becomes a perfect copy of the original mp3. That's ok!

Adion, messing around with the times is annoying, and that problem, and more are widespread in audio / video software. I'm not really thinking about VDJ but those other programs which enable file manipulations.

I use the .m4a container. Better than .mp3.
Smells of Apple, and I have an allergy.

ohshit within reason I don't worry about file size, in the future should it be needed I'll just get a bigger hdd.
Quality is important. I was heading for all lossless flac files until video stop me dead in my tracks.
..just to get away from VBR which upsets some software. There is something called video muxing, and demuxing. It's about the connection between a sound file and video clip.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 11:13 am
bigron1 wrote :
Quality is important. I was heading for all lossless flac files until video stop me dead in my tracks.

What was the problem Ron? My audio is pretty much all lossless flac, and I run HD video with them?

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 1:21 pm
You're doing better than me, for example the new Ed Sheeran tracks I have are only mp3 VBR @ 220kb/s.
Also when I do a spectrum scan of some of my so called high quality audio video files it becomes clear they are not as good as I would wish.
I'm struggling to maintain quality.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 1:36 pm
Oh ok, so i assume its just a hardware limitation rather than any kind of conflict or software issue. A lot of my old karaoke files are shocking because they were ripped years ago. I mean they are ok sounding for karaoke, some being as low as 128 bitrate. I am gradually replacing them with MP4 files. Downloaded 4 albums from sunfly last night. Kind of annoys me that I already have them and having to pay again, but thats how it is. I wish i had known then what I know now.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 1:49 pm
That mp4 thing is interesting because of the superior sound quality but would it not mess up the unique media split, video, music and karaoke using vdj8 search?
Both video and karaoke would be displayed in a search.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 2:04 pm
Yes they sound loads better, and the videos and so much clearer too. You also dont get that annoying fly on the yellow screen, you get a more professional looking screen at the start.

To answer your question though. I batch select them and then in the tag editor i tick the "karaoke" box at the bottom to tell VDJ they are karaoke files and so its all good. I do also colour all my karaoke files magenta, just so that visually if i am doing audio only and searching i know they are karaoke.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 2:08 pm
Thanks Andy!
You have changed the way I will buy my karaoke files in future.
Obviously i've been buying inferior mp3+g!

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 2:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)