Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet NAMM

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Looking at the new gear at namm and so far, im like whats wrong with manufacturers, do they just not get it....sheesh...horrible so far.

Posté Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 2:57 am
I've seen quite a few interesting things. What do you think the problem is?

Posté Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 9:20 pm
You both have an opportunity to tell us what you like and don't like. Give us some more info or links.

Posté Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 9:25 pm

These 2 i kinda like and might, depending on price, might over come the pioneer domination.

These 2 tho will flop, Denon should have never turned it back on spinning turntable, once pioneer drops its performance pads this will be forgotten. The PMX-10, 20 just a flawed design.

Posté Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 4:55 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Which means it's NOT Horrible at all, LOL!

Posté Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 7:11 am
Static or Spinnig platters, it doesn't matter. A good scratch Dj can scratch on either one and no one would even know the difference!!

Really it just comes down to your personal preference......

As for Pioneer, well they have been around for a long time but the Denon unit in a side by side is the better unit. There's just no denying it, period!

So that leaves longevity and of course that isn't gonna happen over night.

Also when it comes to Pioneer & Denon it's gonna boil down to the software. If Prime Engine doesn't perform well then yes I believe they will flop. Other then that the decks look solid on paper. Once I get mine I'll know for sure after all I still use my Denon 5500's on a daily basis!!

I trust Denon's build quality.

Posté Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 5:07 pm
Ill wait to what happens in the spinning platter line, I just like a turntable, And that's denon holding niche, but this will be the hot piece until pioneer releases its next cd player with pads the denon will see it should have stayed in their lane.

Posté Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 11:48 pm
I just don't see Pioneer adding pads to a CDJ when you can already hook up an SP1 to them (no software needed).

If anything Denon has just showed a quality Media player can be made and not cost an arm and a leg.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 12:03 am
The only thing I have seen from the NAMM show that interests me, is that Soundswitch. Does anybody know if it will work with VDJ just using midi-clock? or if there would be any plugin developed for it. As always it is partnering with Serato, which I find an odd choice considering I would see it as a product mainly for the mobile DJ, which is heavily dominated by VDJ.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 2:02 pm
I started a thread for Sound Switch and Scott said he'd look into it but that was when it first came out (a few months ago).......

Maybe he forgot or maybe he's waiting on them either way it is a nice unit.

I know a lot of mobile Djs and they all use Serato in my area. VDJ is only used for Karaoke around karaoke and that's not many here.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 3:34 pm
Well that's encouraging then, think that could be a good option when it gets support. I will see if i can find the thread.

That's interesting, most mobile guys this side of the pond that I know use VDJ, though a very high proportion are on cracked versions.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 4:05 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Isn't soundswitch just lightshow timeline that plays nice with serato?

That's the thing with NAMN as I see it, nowt new,

Lightshow software, wow only had this since 03 perhaps earier

media player with more midi buttons and inbuilt firmware (that isn't as good as the existing software options)

Yet another controller that does nothing new,
Mixer with midi buttons, big wow.

Where's the future cutting edge stuff.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 8:06 pm
Both NAMM & CES were a waste of time. No-one is innovating at the moment. Not even Apple, but of course they are now just another tech company and nothing special any more.

Denon need to be doing more to keep Pioneer on their toes, and that seems to be coming through now.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 8:17 pm
locodog wrote :
Isn't soundswitch just lightshow timeline that plays nice with serato? Lightshow software, wow only had this since 03 perhaps earlier

Well yeah I guess it is, and me too. I have showmagic, which cost quite a bit ten years ago and works great. But now that I use VDJ it doesn't work with it. George did say he would look at creating a plugin, but I am sure he has a million other more important things to do. So looking at other options, this would seem a good choice. Anything decent is going to be around the same money as showmagic was/is so the price isnt an issue. I know freestyler etc are pretty cheap, but with all due respect, I want something at least as good as what i have. If this became supported then I think its what I would go for.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 12:16 am
id buy sounswitch in a heartbeat if it worked with VDJ

Posté Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 12:26 am
lucas569 wrote :
id buy sounswitch in a heartbeat if it worked with VDJ

This is the hotness....Now this intrigues me.

Posté Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 4:11 am

Posté Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 4:43 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)