Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Midi button pressed on every other press

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm mapping the SLIP MODE button in VDJ 8 to a button in Emulator PRO 1.5.4, and it seems the midi button is only sending a signal on every other press.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Posté Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 5:30 pm
Change the button on emulator from "toggle" to "gate"
Or, if you are making a definition change the <button /> element to a <toggle /> one

Posté Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 8:15 pm
Hi PhantomDeejay, and thanks for the prompt response.

Problem with doing that is, Emulator will no longer let me know if the button (in VDJ) is on or off. The Emulator button just flashes every time it's pressed, in this mode. Was hoping there could be a workaround for this in VDJ.

Thanks again.

Posté Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 8:20 pm
So you're using simple MIDI wrapper ?

The solution from within VirtualDj is to create a device definition.

Also if Emulator accepts MIDI input you can also define LEDS for VirtualDj to turn on/off elements on Emulator screen (so that if you change something via GUI with the mouse the Emulator screen will update to reflect the right status)

Posté Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 9:54 am
I'm using the Emulator (Custom Mapping) in VDJ 8.2.

How would I create this definition to work?

Emulator does indeed accept MIDI, but I don't know how to map midi out to Emulator in VDJ. Sorry, I'm new to mapping VDJ, and it's proving to be more difficult than another DJ software.

If you can point me in the right direction, I'll figure it out. Thanks, again.

Posté Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 4:19 am
Thanks for that. I'll be checking it out soon.

Posté Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 10:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
a couple of things you need to note..
1. Set the Emulator buttons to momentary and not to toggle

2. Emulator has a bug (it's been reported already) with it's MIDI In (VirtualDJ to Emulator). When a button is released on Emulator, it incorrectly sets its LED to Off.
So e.g. Slip mode is disabled. LED is off. Press the button. Slip mode is enabled. LED is on. When button is released, VDJ doesnt re-send the Slip mode status, but Emulator incorrectly sets the LED of the button to Off.

Posté Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 12:59 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)