Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Tempo automatically moving

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

my tempo slider takes it on it'self to move, there does not appear to be reason why this is happening and it happens mainly on the left hand deck. any ideas to stop this from happening?

Posté Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 11:56 pm
AutoBPMmatch is set to?

Posté Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 12:07 am
auto BPMatch is set to smart. this is actually happening half way through the track, it will climb up and after a short while will drop back to zero. I will turn the Auto BPMatch and see if that makes a difference. Thank you for replying tho.

Posté Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 4:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sounds like fader bleed or a floating ground, (HW fault) if this is the case you need replace the slider or resolder the slider to the board

Posté Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 5:01 pm
That's a bit above my remite Iocodog, unfortunately I am disabled, hot things and my hands can't mix for medical reasons. The MIDI controller is about five years old now and well battered so this might be the prod I need to replace it.

I have gone through the Midi mapping and turned all the auto off that would effect it but it's still happening.

May once a new controller as been purchased a complete re-install of VDJ may solve the problem.

Posté Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 6:27 pm
You could run a MIDI monitoring program to see if the fader is sending out spurious messages (to confirm things).

Posté Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 6:44 pm
Definitely hardware at fault, faderbleed is a result of poor contact on the resistive track, this can be from wear and tear (on 5 year old gear could be likely) or it can be from jam (fluff, dirt) on the track, the cheap test/fix is to use compressed air and contact cleaner to try remove the jam.

Flouting earth/ground is a bad solder connection, depending on the hw, some are more prone to failure,

If you tell me your hardware I can probably find a script solution to get a bit more life from your HW,

If your near leeds manchester, I could make the repair for a reasonable fee but honestly you may be better served buying a new controller.
Old HW like an old car gets to a point where it could turn into a money pit keeping it going.

Posté Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 7:11 pm
Thank you all for your input. the problem as been solved. As predicted it was an HW problem. Disconnected the MIDI controller and VDJ back to normal, good job I don't do this for a living isn't it .

Very grateful everybody, all contributions were gratefully accepted.

It's really nice and reassuring to find this level of help from the VDJ community

Posté Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 7:44 pm
Still let me know your controller, I can probably give you a temp fix with script.

Posté Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 7:53 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)