Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Slide volume from 100% to 10% slowly with key mapping

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've searched and searched the forum, couldn't find an answer.
I use Z key to decrease volume and turn on the microphone
(deck left 10% & deck right volume 10% & mic_volume 100% & mic ON)
and S key to restore volume and turn off the microphone.
(deck left 100% & deck right volume 100% & mic OFF)

...however the volume change is instant.
Is there any way to slow the speed of volume decreasing like when sliding it manually?

Thank you in advance. Code examples will be more appreciated than just theory.

(I m just reading about loop verb. I wonder if I can create a loop with volume -5 or something like that)

Posté Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 10:04 pm
OK, found it!

repeat_stop 'test2' & repeat_start 'test' 60ms 40 & deck left volume -1% & deck right volume -1% & mic_volume +3% & repeat_stop 'test' & mic ON
to decrease from 50% to 10% (my mic is low and I use only 50% volume for the music) and

repeat_stop 'test' & repeat_start 'test2' 60ms 40 & deck left volume +1% & deck right volume +1% & mic_volume -9% & repeat_stop 'test2' & mic OFF
to increase music back to 50% and fast turn off the mic.

It decreases 40 times -1% the volume, ergo -40%. Adjust according to your needs.

Any opinions and critics are most welcome.

Posté Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 10:51 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I have a ducking script that uses 2 dials and 1 button, dial 1 controls the low volume the second dial controls how fast it hits the low level, but since you've got a solution it doesn't mater.

Posté Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 12:37 pm
@locodog
My script doesn't work on VDJ 7 and a friend wants to do the same in that version.
Please share your solution with us

Posté Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 9:54 pm
Your friend could use VDJ 8 instead.

Posté Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 10:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Heraclitos wrote :
@locodog
My script doesn't work on VDJ 7 and a friend wants to do the same in that version.
Please share your solution with us

The repeat actions (which are the key to achieve a gradual volume change) dont exist in version 7. So not possible for your friend to have the same result, unless he switches to version 8 as suggested above.

Posté Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 2:17 am
Guys, guys, guys!

I'm a programmer. I do what they ask, not vice-versa.

Imagine if YOU were salesman:

Costumer: My wife needs a new dress.
You: Get yourself a new wife.

Posté Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 11:26 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you can program make a plugin for v7, it should be a piece of cake.

Edit, I'm an electrician
I'm quite use to offering simpler alternatives to customers.

Posté Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 2:28 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
@ loco
You're an Electrician?
I'm an Electrician too
Word Up!!!

Posté Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 8:02 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
How do you define what 'test' is?

Quote :
crossfader 100% & repeat_start 'test' 10ms 50

I want "test" to be crossfader -1%

Posté Sun 04 Feb 18 @ 4:27 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
Turns out I misunderstood - you don't have to define it. You just put another command afterwards and it repeats that.

Posté Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 12:10 am
New Version, it is smoother:

var_smaller $neo 1 ? repeat_stop 'test2' & repeat_start 'test' 7ms 20 & deck left volume -4.5% & deck right volume -4.5% & mic_volume +4.9996% & repeat_stop 'test' & set $neo 1 & mic = on & get_volume : var_equal $neo 1 ? repeat_stop 'test' & repeat_start 'test2' 7ms 20 & deck left volume +4.5% & deck right volume +4.5% & mic_volume -4.99% & repeat_stop 'test2' & set $neo=0 & mic_volume 0 ? mic = off

You may assign it on a user button or on keyboard

This repeats 20 time a step. So I lower 20 times 4.5 = 90, ergo to 10% the volume and the turn on the mic to 99,99%. Why not to 100%? There is a bug in Virtual DJ8. If it goes to 101% it resets to 1%. $neo is a flag variable which is set to 1 or 0 . Every step takes 7ms, however that's another bug. It should take 0.140 s to execute, but it takes 1,4 s. ms= 1/1000 of a second. Anyway. All of these will be fixed ...sometime!
Enjoy!

Posté Wed 11 Nov 20 @ 7:15 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
old thread ^^
it takes 1.4s to acheive ?? you are lucky it does take some time ^^
- minimum repeat time for a loop is between 10ms and 15ms depending on systems
- you never let any loop to acheive by stopping it as soon as it starts and try to stop .... not running loops
...repeat_start 'test' 7ms 20 & .... & repeat_stop 'test' .... : ....do not loop at all but wait 10ms before to start do things once and being stopped
unless you use it with a keyboard, in which case the repeat key does the repeat job ^^ with its own latency

since this post ended - almost 2 years ago - there was a new verb to acheive this :
mic_talkover 10% 250ms
or
mic_talkover 10% 250ms while key_pressed

Posté Wed 11 Nov 20 @ 7:58 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)