Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet [FEATURE REQUEST] Automix "radio" mode with no fade on incoming track

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This has been asked for so many times now but I can't find any of the original threads.

Can we please have an automix mode where when the track playing reaches a certain fade (Db) level the next track cuts in at full volume. If the playing track stops dead then the next one starts instantly.

I don't actually like any of the current automix transitions as they sound too "fake" or are mis-timed.

If one of the team can reply yes or no then I can look for alternative radio automation software if it's not going to happen. I remember asking for this when I first bought the software in 2008 so it looks like a no.

Posté Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 7:13 pm
That would be the preferred method, in my opinion. It's the most realistic. It's how DJs would play tracks manually.

Posté Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 7:20 pm
Exactly.

Posté Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 7:26 pm
In fact I play music that way (but manually) for the vast majority of my gigs.

For the average birthday party or wedding, mixing isn't really required. The music selection is more important.

I don't use automix at gigs myself, as IMO I'm being paid to DJ, not for the computer to do it - but it'd be the preferred method for having a bit of background music at home for example.

Posté Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 7:43 pm
For me this type of automix would be perfect for the first 45 minutes in the 80s club I work in on Friday nights.

I have to start playing at 11pm when the club opens but Fridays are quiet early doors so we don't usually get people in until 11.45

Not laziness however there's no pint standing there playing every song manually when there's no need.

Posté Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 7:49 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1

Posté Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 1:22 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I can see how this be done with poi, and a scratch fader
But you'd have to set the poi per track,
Cuemacro plugin would save the repetitive typing,

Maybe even a rsi, quering if you're in the last X seconds of the track, if true repeatedly get the level, if 3 consecutive get levels = 0%, start the next track, but also if 50 or so consecutive get levels fall below Y% start up the next track.

You can tell vdj to do anything you can manually, the tricky bits are figuring exactly when you tell it to do it, and how to save pain.

Think beyond automix, start thinking poi to make a timeline.

Posté Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 6:31 pm
Doesnt Automix have a no fade option...i know it did in v7

Posté Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 7:06 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
Perhaps you could use VDJscript to set the Fade Mixpoint 8 seconds before the start of every track?

Posté Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 7:26 pm
I just want the software to do it automatically. No setting POI or complicated scripts.

There's plenty other software out there that does exactly this so it shouldn't be too difficult for the devs to add another automix mode surely.

Posté Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 7:29 pm
+1

Posté Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 9:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)