Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet dvs old skool.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i bought a pioneer djm 500 on ebay for 200 bucks. this was my first mixer and i needed just a plain mixer without do dads and digital. is it still possible to set up dvs like back in the day? i think i used a maya 44 usb, connected to the laptop, vdj 7, and just two decks. is this still possible? i have the newest serato time code vinyls.

Posté Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 7:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes, although I wouldn't recommend a Maya44 as they are line level inputs rather than phono (unless your turntables have line level outputs of course).

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 12:59 am
yeah they are numark ttx usb. with phono and line. with line i can use the keylock and some other things. but theres always issues. can you recommend a soundcard no more than 300 bucks that would work well?

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 7:54 am
Man maya 44 is old skull, was my first sound card back in 90's. Can you please use something else even that Numark DJ IO is better, I remember sound output being so low.

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 9:07 pm
i just asked the dude for a recommendation for a better one lol. im not going to get another maya ;)

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 9:33 am
been looking all day online for a maya type card. the connectors are either xlr, or are 500 bucks. ::( there must be an easier way. any ideas?

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 12:38 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since the turntables already have usb, you don't need anything else, just plug them into your computer, and in audio config select the TTX's for timecode inputs.

I don't think they have ASIO drivers, so if the latency is too high by default, you may need to set exclusiveAudioAccess to yes and try different latency values to find a good setting.

Edit: For any timecode use, also remember that you should not use the keylock on the device, since that will deform the timecode signal making it more difficult to correctly detect.
If you want to switch key lock on or off, do it in virtualdj and keep the keylock on the turntable/cd player off.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 12:41 pm
just read in the wiki here not to use tts with built in sound cards although i think its ok. i found a hercules dj trim on ebay new. seems to be what i need. we will see. otherwise
ill try it your way. thanks

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 12:48 pm
Not sure why that recommendation is there.Only thing that might be an issue is latency, but even that I doubt.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 12:51 pm
the ttxs do have asio i think have asio. when i ripped vinyls if i recall. but the laptop gets confused when both ttxs are plugged in :) sigh. if i use line i can use the googies like keylock. which works well within the plus or minus 4 range. but the software already does that much better. so its no biggie. thats why i sold my traktor stuff. decks would only work with line mode. but what if you wanna play a regular vinyl during the set. switching over was a disaster.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 12:53 pm
from the vdj wiki. maybe it wasnt updated in a while since so many people use midi controllers?

You can use traditional vinyl turntables or CD players to control VirtualDJ by using timecode. To do this, you will need the following:

A Pro Infinity, Pro subscription or Plus Timecode license .
(The FREE version and all other licenses allow timecode to be tried out for the first 10 minutes of use only.)

A suitable ASIO (PC) or CoreAudio (Mac) sound card with at least 4 inputs and 4 outputs (2 stereo), such as Hercules DJ Trim. ESI Maya44 USB, Rane SL etc.

NOTE: The sound card built into USB vinyl turntables is not suitable - This is intended for 'ripping' vinyl to MP3 only, not DJ performance. A proper low latency sound card designed for DJ timecode use is required.

VirtualDJ Timecode vinyl records* or timecode CD's.
Alternatively, you may use nearly every timecode vinyl records on the market (Serato, Traktor, Mixvibes etc). You should find these at your local DJ store or they can be purchased on-line from a variety of DJ stores.
*Requires VirtualDJ 8 or later

If using vinyl decks, direct drive turntables are strongly recommended (Belt-driven are not well suited to DJ performance, especially scratching.)

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 12:56 pm
hh73 wrote :
the ttxs do have asio i think have asio. when i ripped vinyls if i recall. but the laptop gets confused when both ttxs are plugged in :) sigh. if i use line i can use the goodies like keylock. which works well within the plus or minus 4 range. but the software already does that much better. so its no biggie. thats why i sold my traktor stuff. decks would only work with line mode. but what if you wanna play a regular vinyl during the set. switching over was a disaster.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 12:57 pm

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 12:59 pm
i mix house. no scratching so latency is important. but not as big an issue if was a turntablist.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 1:00 pm
The DJ-Trim should be fine as well, but since you already have the turntables, I would give it another try with USB directly.
When selecting WASAPI it should be no problem even when you connect 2 at the same time.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 1:04 pm
ok will do. yeah asio isnt kind anymore. wasabi i what i use with AIMP when listening to regular music on the pc. the windows 10 sound "engine" is pretty good.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 1:10 pm
hh73 wrote :
ok will do. yeah asio isnt king anymore. wasabi i what i use with AIMP when listening to regular music on the pc. the windows 10 sound "engine" is pretty good.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 1:11 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)