Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Problem with the way VDJ 8.2 displays file names

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

My question is how do I make VDJ 8.2 display the file names as VDJ 7.4 did?

I Just started the switch from 7.4-8.2 & have ran into my first roadblock. I have a large collection of music with correct file names but incorrect id3 tags. I do not want to change the id3 tags because that messes up my histories, playlists, play counts (I have 11 years’ worth)

For example, I will have a song in my 2016 billboards folder with a filename = (001 - Justin Bieber - Love Yourself)
VDJ 7.4 Displays it like this = (Title =001 - Love Yourself) (Artist =Justin Bieber)
VDJ 8.2 Displays it like this = (Title =Justin Bieber - Love Yourself) (Artist =001)

I want to buy a new controller and start using VDJ 8.2 but this browser issue is somewhat serious to me.

Thanks for any help.

Posté Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 11:49 pm
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe something like mp3tag might help. That's what i use for tagging. You can set it not to modify the mp3 file timestamps.

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 6:06 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Also if your files are infact named correctly mp3tag can import those to the tag. It's a very powerful tag editor and best of all free.

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 6:08 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes, I too would recommend you use a tool to import the artist and title tag from the filename.
With mp3tag it is really easy. Just select your files in mp3tag, rightclick, convert -> filename to tag. Done.

It won't affect your history or playlists at all because the history/ playlist are using the file path only. And that one is not modifed by mp3tag (unless you want it to do so).
Second, playcounts, BPM and so on are too not modified by mp3tag since these are database values used and created by VDJ only.

One thing though, if you've changed the tags you will have to reload the tags from within VDJ. To do so, select your tracks in VDJ, rightlick, batch, reload tags.

Posté Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 8:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)