Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Problems with VDJ 8.2 and Pioneer DDJ-SZ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Yesterday I accepted an offer to update my VDJ software and now my Pioneer DDJ-SZ will not work correctly. I can use the controller to select a track and the channel sliders move up and down in the software. However when i press play, the track stutters at the start and will not play. Also, the jog wheels will not move the track forward or backward. I have deleted the "license.dat" and "settings.xml" files from the VirtualDJ folder in my documents per the instruction of a VDJ representative and still experience the same result. Can someone please help?!? Everything was working fine prior to the update.

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 6:10 pm
If you believe it's the update you can get older versions here: www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 6:26 pm
Thank You Klaus...I went to the page and downloaded the previous build that worked for me which was 3398 (i figured this by noticing the version that was listed in the windows uninstall dialogue). Unfortunately that did not work either. I went and bought a new usb cable just in case...still didnt work. I tested the controller with Serato and it works fine there. I sure wish tech support would get back to me with a response to my ticket.

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 10:09 pm

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 10:11 pm
Have you checked your audio settings? If th track is stuttering and not playing then it could be that the audio settings for the ddj sz haven't been applied.

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 10:13 pm
Thank you Wicked & Toppa!!!! It's sorted! I went into the audio settings and realized that there was an error beside each of the channel settings in the status column. i changed each channel to WASAPI, which gave back the proper feedback in the status column but that didn't work...same result. so i went back in and changed it back to ASIO and that time it magically connected gave back proper feedback in the status column. works now...w00t!

Posté Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 10:41 pm
Update...not working again. while earlier i was able to go and reset the ASIO Driver for each channel, now i'm not able to repeat the process and i have an error in each channel in the status column. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 3:01 am
Before you updated VDJ and this problem started happening, how long were you using the SZ and VDJ without any issues?

Apart from the VDJ update (which apparently didn't cause it anyway, as you reverted and it's still happening), have you made any other changes? Driver update, firmware update, OS update?

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 10:22 am
Despite the fact that i've rolled back to an earlier build, i have to maintain that it was the update that caused the issue this past Friday. I think the update may have made a change to the way the entire system interacts with the ASIO driver, perhaps at the registry level. In any case, prior to Friday, the rig had been working without issue since I bought the controller last September. To answer your second question, no...there were no other changes made prior, only after did i update the SZ driver and firmware. Also, I haven't seen a windows update for over a week.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 5:14 pm
VDJ 8 barely touches the registry. It only stores a couple of paths there, nothing to do with audio etc.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 5:49 pm
virtual dj updates do not effect device drivers in any way.

Posté Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 5:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
With the SZ connected to USB, open Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Sound and make sure the SZ is not the default device for both playback and recording. This will allow Pioneer ASIO to initialize properly

Posté Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 11:08 am
This seems to have solved it. I've only tested it once. I'll have a set tonight and will confirm. Thank you DJDad!

Posté Tue 28 Mar 17 @ 12:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)