Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Using the spacebar to start a song in opposite deck

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
When I was using VDJ 7 Pro I could have sworn that when I pressed the spacebar while a song was already playing in one deck that the song in the opposite deck would start, and vice versa. When I switched to VDJ 8 I noticed that the spacebar only controls the play/pause of Deck A. I thought this might have something to do with which deck has the "Master" button lit up but that has no effect.

I went into keyboard mapping and tried several different options but none let me re-create the feature and play/pause with spacebar continued to only work on Deck A. Then to make matters worse I opened up VDJ 7 again to check the mapping and the play/pause opposite deck feature I described is no longer happening!

So was I imagining the opposite deck play/pause with spacebar feature? If not, anyone know how I can get it back?

By the way I use this feature when mixing with my laptop. It's easier if I can use my left hand to press the spacebar and get the next track playing so I can use my right hand to sync and mix it into the currently playing track.

Posté Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 10:18 pm
I think you looking for mix_now

Posté Tue 28 Mar 17 @ 12:58 am
"I think you looking for mix_now"

Sorry, I don't understand this response. Can you explain?

Also, I searched a little more and it appears that a keyboard command that tells VDJ 8 to use the spacebar to play the inactive deck might work but I'm not sure how to insert this type of command so if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it!

Posté Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 2:24 pm
go into the settings, then go into the mapping for the keyboard, press the space bar, and then change the mapping of it to "mix_now". Done

Posté Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 3:00 pm
Oh, now I see. I was confused because mix_now was not listed as an option under the audio control section. I didn't realize I only had to type it in manually. Seems to be working so thanks!

Posté Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 9:32 pm
Well it turns out this wasn't the solution I was looking for after all. I guess I should have known just by its name that "mix_now" actually performs a mix from one deck to the other. It also automatically syncs the new deck to the deck that is playing. That's not what I need.

Here's an example that might better explain what I'm trying to accomplish: I'm playing a music video in Deck A that has a basic fade out at the end. As the song begins to fade I want to use my left hand to hit the spacebar on the laptop and start the music video in Deck B, while at the same time using my right hand to trigger the video transition.

The mix_now option is not a good fix because the song in deck A might have a BPM of 100 and the song in Deck B a BPM of 150 so dealing with that automatic BPM bump is a problem (I learned this the hard way this week!). Sometimes I work a happy hour that only needs basic music video transitions, not BPM dance mixing.

Posté Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 10:25 pm
you need to add nosync

if you type in mix

you will get a lot of options, choose the right one you need

Posté Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 1:22 am
Dont dab you need to tab...lol..kush evening

Posté Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 1:41 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)