Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [NOTE] Spotify integration in VirtualDJ (Update pr Sept. 2017) - Page: 4

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

klausmogensen wrote :
TDBennett wrote :
There may not be a deal that Atomix and Spotify can agree to

No, if the record companies ban them from doing so, I guess there isn't
Again: You are barking up the wrong tree

"last month one of the major labels reached out to Spotify"... one company voiced concern. That is not a "ban" and not "record companies" as you stated.
Atomix and Spotify mutually agreed to "suspend access for now". There is no mention of a ban.

And it's not the wrong tree, the statement in the same article you keep referencing says Spotify and Atomix are continuing to look into the "licensing questions".
And there is a way, which is mentioned, without detail, in this same article.
"Algoriddim has officially partnered with Spotify to give users seamless access to the streaming service from within our apps, with the ability to mix multiple tracks at the same time and the functionality you’d expect from modern DJ software. This integration is official and available to all Spotify Premium subscribers."

That is what I get from the article.

Does Atomix want to do it the way Spotify deems necessary? Couldn't tell ya.
Can Spotify deliver it the way Atomix and their users want it? Don't know that one either.
But I hope they work it out. I like the feature within VDJ, I like Spotify as a stand-alone app and it seems that streaming is the model labels want to use in the future to control access to their products.

Posté Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 3:21 pm
No brainer for me.

Have a playlist set up in Spotify called 'DJ CACHE' and have it set to autodownload any songs dumped into it. If you get asked for random song, just search in the Spotify app and drag it into this list. Then just have Spotify open in the background, so the song is already cached when you need to go to it.

Ok, so you can't beatmix into it, but really not going to kill you if it's a wedding set is it. If VDJ wanted to do something they could just piggyback on the Spotify app so it could hand control back to VDJ software after it had played the track but I've not idea how nicely the Spotify API plays with other software.

It was nice while it lasted, I'd love it to come back, but there is a fairly easy but clunky workaround, so no sweat.

Posté Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 9:35 pm
I guess weird karma for this.. Irony? ... I had Deezer for a couple of years (it was available in Canada before spotify).. Finally Spotify came up here, and then pretty quickly had the family plan available ,
so I switched..
Started a new PT job at a Nightclub and when VDJ updated to the online music integration I will say it turned out to be a huge thing for me, I have lost track at how many weird requests I would get at the bar that were NOT available on my normal sources (xtendamix, even at times Itunes) , but were in spotify..
This turned out to be a lot nicer then I would have imagined..
Especially since the kit I am forced to use at the bar meant I could not run spotify in the background (not sure exactly why, but the ASIO drivers somehow means spotify will not play sound over the pioneer mixer.. )..
so having the integration directly in VDJ was so amazing awesome..

but.. alas spotify is gone, so I decided to re-subscribe to Deezer again.. (i am keeping spotify too as the family uses it)
WOW.. I wish I had swapped sooner! it doesnt seem to crash the computer (this happened 3 times using spotify on VDJ) and it is so much faster!!
Also I know from prior use Deezers catalog is close to Spotify's (Spotify's catalog is bigger, but its really rare that I cant find a song I want on it, if the song is not available it usually means the artist will not allow it on ANY streaming platform)

Posté Fri 29 Sep 17 @ 7:34 pm

Posté Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 5:27 pm
I'm a recent newcomer to Virtual DJ. My existing Xp machine would not instal the Spotify app. So just bought a new windows 10 laptop. Setup laptop and configured the thing. Then setup Spotify only to try and find it in VDJ. It's not there anymore............ I'm totally gutted I now discover Spotify is no longer available. I have spent a load of cash on a new laptop and gained nothing! Please VDJ Sort this ASAP. Disappointed fairly new customer.

Posté Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 10:35 pm
well time to cancel my Spotify membership.

Posté Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 3:26 am
Data Disco wrote :
Please VDJ Sort this ASAP

How? When the record companies (or at least one of them) tell Spotify that they can't let their content be included in Virtual DJ, what can anybody do then?

I for one don't see Spotify coming back... But other new services, like Content Unlimited and Pulselocker which are made and licensed for DJing, may come along

Posté Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 4:41 am
hi sorry for my English i'm french. i don't read again last posts but i send to spotify a request.
They tell me to send my report on their website ans i find this one
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Virtual-Dj/idi-p/2457267
so if we make together a + in vote may be some evolution can comming ( i hope)
i 've stop my abonnement, if spotify don't comeback for my part (do the same ;) )

Posté Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 7:09 am
1+
done; o)
I've posted your link in the German forum. Let's push this together and wait for the things happen....

Posté Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 3:29 pm
+1

Posté Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 4:00 pm
So can you or can you not use Spotify? And if you can, how do you find your music?

Posté Sun 19 Nov 17 @ 9:16 pm
Jack.Cummings02 wrote :
So can you or can you not use Spotify? And if you can, how do you find your music?

You can't, the feature got removed on request of Spotify. If you Google a bit or browse the forum, you'll find more information on the reason for this.
Can't provide a link because of lack of time unfortunately.

Posté Mon 20 Nov 17 @ 10:56 pm
Now that Microsoft is moving all their Groove Music subscribers to Spotify, what does that mean for us? I liked the Spotify integration, and I assume Groove worked in the same way although I never used it. But now that Groove is going to be out of the question come 2018, are there no other options other than Deezer or iDJpool?

Posté Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 12:23 am
FieldCorpse wrote :
Now that Microsoft is moving all their Groove Music subscribers to Spotify, what does that mean for us? I liked the Spotify integration, and I assume Groove worked in the same way although I never used it. But now that Groove is going to be out of the question come 2018, are there no other options other than Deezer or iDJpool?

seems like you have answered your own questions there.

also never forget you can always just purchase the music like most of do and all of us used to do :-)

Posté Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 1:02 am
well Spotify is now in Djay don't know how they were able to get this done can VirtualDJ try again

Posté Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 4:56 pm
It's probably because Djay isn't regarded as something used by professionals.

Most users run it on phones or tablets, and it's not exactly expensive. It's aimed at consumers - home users. Plus of course Spotify itself is only for personal use, as stated in their T&Cs.

When Spotify was removed from VDJ, the official statement was that a major label wasn't happy with their material being available via professional DJ software (see post #1 of this thread).

Posté Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 5:44 pm
yeah I know all but we need to keep trying

Posté Sat 15 Dec 18 @ 1:26 am
Why? There are plenty of other ways of obtaining music - like buying it. :-)

Posté Sat 15 Dec 18 @ 8:39 am
I always do Smart over 30,000 albums

Posté Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 1:55 am
DJ PHIL IT wrote :
I always do Smart over 30,000 albums

If you need Spotify with VDJ, use Deezer :)

Posté Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 8:31 am
99%